View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Great Birthday Gift - I hope! 

Post Great Birthday Gift - I hope!
We were thinking what to give our daughter and her husband for their 30th birthdays (close together). They spend a lot of money on presents and it is hard keeping up. We thought we could use our van to advantage by giving them a free weekend at a seaside caravan park. We will set it up, take bikes and kayak, put champs in the fridge, leave food for a meal and breakfasts and then turn up to babysit if required while they use the "toys". The date will be flexible as the baby is due in a week. We will be up for the cost of two nights in a van park and the food. What we will need is time to set it all up and we have plenty of that.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:56 pm

What an excellent idea, another thought put some treats under the bed covers, such as chocolates, nuts, and a DVD...if you have a player in the Van.....we had better not do anything to bring this baby on early though LOL

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

Thats a truly brilliant idea.Is this their first bub? mum might not want to part company with her new baby.

Theres plenty of room in a van for a new baby too.

I think they'll love the thoughtfullness.

Might have to wait a few weeks after the baby is born id say.

Central coast NSW is beautifull and im sure the weather is still nice too,not too cold
Cheers Rod

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Post Birthday Gift
Thanks for the ideas and support Jayco Gypsey, Dr Restlittle and Rod. I was hoping someone would make some suggestions. The chocs under the bedclothes would be good. Maybe a few DVDs. Hopefully they would not leave it too late to miss the last of the autumn warmth.

It is the first bub. There is plenty of room in the van for the port-a-cot. The plan is for them to go away sometime after the baby is born not too far from us so we can visit during the day for short periods of babysitting. They would have the baby with them for the weekend and we would sleep at home. Their birthdays are after the due date so we'll see how they are managing before we spring this on them.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Post What great parents
Wow what a great idea If you want them to relax a little more as suggested maybe instead of supplying the food maybe you could provide some of your famous re heat and enjoy meals for their stay after all if she is still pregnant at the time I'am sure this would give her more time off her feet and hubby can clean up afterwards. Wishing all a happy birthday all round .. CHEERS..

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Fantastic idea! a site with a lovely beach view would be nice to wake up to in the mornings, stroll along the beach. If they don't like the beach maybe a mountain view next to a stream?

Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Post gift
Hi
I think its a great idea you would know if they would enjoy it and if so should be good . Richard

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Post Terrific Idea
It's a terrific idea, they will love it, something different.
We did a similar thing for our 6 months pregnant daughter & son-in-law in Nov. We took van to CP about 2 hours from home, set it up & stayed for a week. We came home & they went to stay for 3 nights with their little 2yo boy. They come home, we went back & had another week there, worked really well, except they had rain a couple of days & we had beautiful weather! They have since had another gorgeous little boy on Valentine's Day :D
Hope all goes well with the baby, is it your first grandie?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Post Argonaut
What a lovely idea, it is something that no one else can give them, only one snag I can see is, if the baby is only a few weeks old how are you going to feed it if it is breast fed?
I am sure you will work your way around it, but it is still a lovely idea.

I can recal, which is now some thirty odd years ago that we were finaly blessed with our second son after thirteen years between them, and in the days when the mother was in hospital for at least a week after giving birth, It had only just been brought in that the hospital would allow the husband to take the new mum out for dinner and have some time together out without the newborn or any other children, which of course I jumped at the only hard part was to have to take her back to the hospital for the night and of course to feed the baby, it just reminded me of it as he 32 next week.

Good luck with your idea and I hope it all comes of well.:rolleyes: sorry I could not have read your idea properly as I thought the new baby would already have been born. It is still a great gift.
Bill and Dawn

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next