View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Bigpond Wireless Broadband 

Post bigpond wireless broadband
G'day dalben 2006,you have to read the small print. There are two provisos for the discounts. 1.one of your other services has to be a home phone.2.your monthly charge has to be a minimum of $90.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 pm

It is funny that the consultant made no mention of that condition. He emphasised that because we have a home phone we were eligible for the discount. If I ultimately have no luck with Telstra, I will take my issue up with the Telstra shop &/or consultant directly.

Thanks for your advice.

2009 Evernew E900 &
White car

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:59 am

We have a few mates with the same issue the only way to fix it has been via the T/C Ombudsman
Regards
Colin

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:46 pm

I will keep that in mind. After receiving the first bill & ringing Telstra, we were initially advised that we needed to have the premium phone service to receive the discount but were eventually put on to someone else who insisted that we were entitled & the following bill would be adjusted.

I will pursue the issue if this does not occur.

Thanks for the info.

2009 Evernew E900 &
White car

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Post Update re discount
Received my following bill from Telstra & the apprpriate discount has been applied to my account. Phew that was easy.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

2009 Evernew E900 &
White car

Sat May 15, 2010 4:45 am

Post G'day Everyone
Just got my latest bill from Telstra and it seems I will have to ring them again as there was no sign of the discount on the bill.

Sat May 15, 2010 11:25 am
Profile WWW

Post Wireless Broadband
I signed up a couple mths ago for a wireless Bigpond Next G,While i was talking to the consultants 3 different ones i was told different stories on a couple matters concerning the dongle i would be supplied as i wanted the Turbo Elite which they said that i could get with no extra charge turned out that when i went to sign the line that i was goiing to have to par $199 for the Elite dongle told them i wasnt happy and because my previous calls and what i was offered was all on their computer screen they agreed to waver the $199 then when i received inital bill their was a $59 connection fee for home phone which i also had connected to the plan to get a lower rate again i phoned them not happy that i wasnt told initally about that fee and because it was recorded they wavered the $59. Then 2weeks after i was on my plan i received a call from Telstra am i happy they said yes i said in the conversaion i mentioned i was on a pension well we can drop your home phone acess fee to $17 a month if you change to the home line plus home ph plan instead of the budget i was on ,Did that aswell which was a great saving for me all round.Also if their is a problem with my account or if im phoning them and the call drops out i also ask them to reemburse me for the calls and they do it.The reason iam with Telstra Next g wireless is as some have mentioned i want best coverage when im inland and you cant get that with the others found that out last year on the way to Darwin on my mobile with another carrier no service where if you have next g you will aleast have a good chance.Every roadside shop, roadhouse had boxes of Next G phones on their front counters.and i will be going onto one aswell when my current plan finishes.They have been good to me .Cheers Neil

Sat May 15, 2010 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4