View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 CreditCards.. Pin or Sign 

Last edited by Shaggy Dog on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 am

Post Card
Good one SD, you mean there's two of us? Apologise for being OT, but went on a stage coach at Longreach and the drivers dog gave a bark when a car came up behind him on the black top (on the way to the dirt stage coach route used in the old days).

He said his dog could also tell what day it was and lifted it's tail and pointed to it's.........date..........

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Personally I prefer the pin. My wife, who always signs, left her car at a long term car park at the airport. Paid by credit card and signed. The machine was not in view. When the statement arrived there was a debit for an amount in Spain. No idea how someone accessed her details and the bank refunded the fraudulent amount. They would give no details but the tenure of the phone conversations intimated someone was going to get charged from that car park.

At least when using a pin the machine has to be in clear view.

As for using the card at an ATM, we only keep a very small amount in our A/C., as a cash A/C, with the balance in a separate savings A/C. That way, any attempted hijacking through the ATM can only succeed in removing a very small amount. Hope this helps

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:53 am

Our card is a mastercard, which is a credit and sign system. Many times I am asked if I want cash out. Obviously the reply is no, as I made sure that we could not have that cash out system. Can be to tempting.
filled up with petrol this morning and the staff returned my card to me before I had signed the document. P.P.S (P... Poor Security).Everything possible goes on Mastercard to allow us to track our spending. Check the account every month and very rearly is there anything on it that we would not have purchased if paying cash.

JayDee.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Post sig or pin
Anyone who steals your card details can order anything over the internet, and so does not mater if you pin or sign. Happened to me, bank was not suspicious that they ordered plane tickets to Oman and hotel accommodation.
I check my account at least every second day and found theatre tickets purchased in Sydney (we were at Horsham at the time) as trial effort on their part, immediately cancelled my card and money was refunded 3 days after I contacted my Credit Union.
So I never give my Card details over the net anymore when making purchases and only use Papal now.

19' Scenic Vega, Solar, Washing machine.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:42 pm

i never use Pin. and don't have a plan to change my way.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4