View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Bank charges 

4X4 that is what westpac charges us to deposit a cheque into our account,

Rod

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Rod

I've never heard of that before. I have a ANZ business cheque account and I pay $10.00 per month for bank fees with no fees for deposits.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 pm

I've never heard of that before. I have a ANZ business cheque account and I pay $10.00 per month for bank fees with no fees for deposits.

I also regularly bank various cheques into our NAB a/c in fact I banked one via our local post office branch last week, and have never paid any fees there or at the actual bank that is 30klm away in Horsham and have never seen any listed on our monthly statement.

IF they ever do , they will only do it ONCE.

Al.:)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Rod

We had the same issue with Bank of Melbourne (Westpac) the car club was allowed 5 cheques per annum no fee then $1 per cheque. We went to Bendigo. No fees at all as it is a club and small interest rate.

Peter

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

may need to look at this westpac charge us $1.00 to deposit money over the counter
.60c for cheques deposited and .60c for cheques written out
.15c for each electronic transfer,
our eftpos is with st george and is half what westpac wanted
i may need to look at other banks,

Rod

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 pm

The problem is that all banks and financial institutions have too many variables making it very difficult for business people and consumers to understand. It can also be time consuming shopping around. There are a number of independent sites on the internet that provide comparisons for example http://www.infochoice.com.au/home-loans/guides/how-to-reduce-your-bank-fees/37136/1/16,40,41,51,52,53,57,79
another good reference point is Cannex http://www.canstar.com.au/business-transaction-accounts/ A google search on "Bank fee comparision" should also help you research.

My suggestion would be to get all the information you can then go and see your bank and put it to them "what they can do to help you reduce my fees" (often they will want to match competitors) if they wont talk turkey go the the one who will and can give you the best deal.

Cheers

Graeme

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:44 am

Shouldn't this thread be called 'shop fees' as the original post was about what the shop is charging?

The shop in question blamed the bank but in the end the fee they charged is more than what the banks charge.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Wheres the Loyalty gone from Bankers, Once you got invited to their Xmas party if you put $$$ in your a/c, classed as a good a/c....seems now you only get invited when you owe them $$$.......

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:41 pm

there is no loyalty , no anything from banks . If you bank with the same bank for 40 years as I have , you are treated just the same as any other Joe Blow who walks in off the street ...in fact worse !! They will suck up to any new customer for 5 minutes , special rates ,sweetheart deals etc. until they have their money or signiture , and then they become exactly the same as all the rest of us ,an insignificant number to bleed ..switching around is a 5 minute fix , they are all clones of each other . Any small independant banks or credit unions are given their head for a couple of years to soak up disgruntled bank customers and then the big guys swoop on them ,take them over and there you are back in the fold ..
I hate 'em all
cheers Gordon

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3