View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Budgeting for the great Australian Journey 

Frank & Brenda, Travelling on $750. is inspiring, and I shall visit your Blog, thankyou. there is an amazing amount of knowledge rolling along on wheels. I am looking forward to it.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:16 pm

If you want to free camp then definately get Camps Australia 5, will be worth every cent and make sure you get number 5. It is our bible on where to stay and for trip planning.

If you are going to SA and want to stay in the naional parks they charge an entry fee and then a per night fee. You can get a parks pass, a yearly one and one for two months. Definately worth looking at, just read the fine print they are not valid for all parks so think about where you want to go and choose accordingly. They have a good webpage.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Jock, A desevered thankyou for valuble information. You are quite right, fuel will be a major consideration, my intention is to stay longer anywhere I feel comfortable so I do hope my income catches up with my major expenses. all the best with your travels.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Ghosta, none of the information I have been getting will be lost, I am taking it all on board, I agree with you about shopping centres, they can be a trap. not sure about buying up big on shoes, but heh, if it's a bargain. thanks for the tips.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Post budgetting for the trip around the block
G'day again..
Just had another couple of thoughts..We've found that you can pick up some great clothes, books etc at the various Op shops..St. Vinnies etc.....We never seem to take enough warm clothes...This year we saw at Portland "today special..all clothing $1.00" picked up some great jumpers etc. so good in fact that instead of throwing them away, we are still using them at home. WA also has an annual Park pass with a good discount for Seniors...There are various web sites for you to check out national fuel prices so 's you dont get a nasty suprise when you rock up to a Roadhouse that Charges 15 to 20 cents p.l. more than the next fill up point. And, of course, as I mentioned on another topic, you'll save heaps by travelling around the Country anti-clockwise.
Jock

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 am

if you are over 50 and don't have a goverment consession card join National Seniors, $39 per annum for a couple.
We saved a lot of money during our trip using the card.
http://www.nationalseniors.com.au

http://garykerrystraveldiary.blogspot.com/

www.garyandkerrys2009travels.blogspot.com

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 am
Profile WWW

Post Another thought on budgetting
I keep getting these flashes of memory..They dont seem to come when I'm posting..We found that when you book into a paid site. If you are a senior, ask the question.."Do you have any discounts for seniors or pensioners?"..You'd be suprised at the number who gave us 10% discount even though they didn't list a discount structure..The same goes for all other types of activities you might undertake on the trip..e.g. tours etc etc.
Jock

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi Jock, thanks for the last 2 tips, if I keep saving with all the info I have recieved I may start making money??? But being over 50 I shall try the seniors discount tip, good one.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 am

Gary n Kerry, Feels a bit strange reaching 50+ and then finding out all the discounts one can recieve, but if it's there I shall be using it. thanks.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 am

Post Hmmm
Gary and Kerry...
Clicking on your blog link takes me to the blogger-logger page...
Would you have a look and check please..??
Jedo

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next