View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Jayco info 

Post noise reduction
If you are free camping and you have neighbours, try this!

If you have soft ground , dig a hole deep enough to put the generator in so the top is not showing, that will direct all the noise up!
Just remember, this is a receipe for disaster if it starts to rain!!!

If you have a toilet tent , put it over the hole, but make sure it is on a high poine and does not attract rainwater!!
A little mound of dirt around the outside may just stop all that!

It will make you happier, your generator is less likely to be stolen and even you may sleep better if it is running at night.

Even generator without mufflers are reasonably quiet in situations like that!
So if you have a modern generator with little noise, the effoert is less, but still worth it.

Whatever you do, DO NOT run a generator on the tray of a ute!
This makes the noise travel a great distance.

Consider your neighbours, I am sure you appreciate a bit of quiet bliss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80S Land Cruiser 40th (petrol)[1998]
20ft Jayco Sterling C/V (20.64-2)[2006]

Fri May 15, 2009 6:51 pm

We picked up our van last September and just love it. We have travelled 12,000kms over weekends and school holidays and like you can't wait to finish work and travel this beautiful country. A Lotto win sounds the way to go. :)

We ordered simplicity suspension raising it 4", raised draw bar 2"(I think that's what they call it, Shaun's not here to ask and my brain's not working), reverse cycle airconditioning, washing machine, slide out queen bed, slide out bbq, cafe dinette which converts to a double bed (not planing on using it but it's there if we need it), moved TV to bedroom area giving us more cupboard space in kitchen (TV arm still swings around for us to watch it at the table) and larger fridge.

Just had van in for some warranty work. The shower roof hatch which looks milky is starting to clear so they replaced it. The front window cover doesn't sit properly, they tried to fix it but now have ordered a new one in and they will replace it when it arrives. While the van was in for work, we asked them to fit a slide out cover/awning over our bed slide out. Think they are a great idea and necessary. Also think that they are supplying them now with new vans.

Anyways, let us know how you get on with your new van. Exciting eh!

Lorraine & Shaun

Safe and happy travelling everyone :)

Sat May 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Just read through this whole thread and boy, there are some highly opinionated people out there...luckily I am a retired electrician and can sort these things out for myself....!!!

But I notice that you have a 24-75.2 and picked it up in September 08. The same van we have and we also picked ours up in September last year at Jayco Sydney. Very happy with ours but would like to use it more. We are retired but 'Mother' would like to spend one more year with our youngest daughter, 21 in July, so she has taken a permanent/casual teaching position...1-2 days per week which means it is 5/6 day trips and school holidays this year. Also my eldest daughters wedding in August so it would have been difficult to get too far away anyway.

I went for the Honda 2kva, bought it at the "show" this year but haven't used it in anger yet but I know it will handle everything I need on the van.

Anyway, enjoy, maybe we can catch up and trade ideas.

Toyota Landcruiser 200VX TTD
Jayco Sterling 24-75.2 CD
[url]http://kwaussies.blogspot.com[/url]

Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 am

Nice to hear that you're enjoying your caravan too.

Yep, sounds good to catch up. Let us know where you are based and we can trade ideas mate.

Lorraine & Shaun

Wed May 20, 2009 8:13 pm

We are located in the lower North Shore of Sydney for now. Just sold our Sydney home in Davidson..(Frenchs Forest area)..., what about yourselves..??

Toyota Landcruiser 200VX TTD
Jayco Sterling 24-75.2 CD
[url]http://kwaussies.blogspot.com[/url]

Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm

We're south of the harbour, near the airport. Let us know where and when via Private Message and we'll catch up.

We're also members of Jayco Club of NSW who meet on a monthly basis at different venues to share stories and have fun. Maybe you might like to catch up with others there too.

Lorraine & Shaun

Wed May 20, 2009 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7