youi Caravan insurance.

Share your hints and tips about saving pennies here!
dieseltojo

youi Caravan insurance.

Post by dieseltojo » Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 pm

This without prejudice,
Just for interest sake I thought I might clear some thing up as i did not take the youi offer.
I wont go into the costs of insurance here as we all know the companies all get to within $50-00 of each other and its not the point I am making.

The thing is I am with CIL and have been for many years, ever since they treated me well on a small claim when my Awning had to be replaced.
The thing is all the insurance companies send a renewal every year a month prior to it running out and it is up to you to renew. Inevitably it will be up on the previous by at least $50-00.

But ....to keep CIL honest I rang youi up and managed a $50-00 reduction. Then in the process the lady mentions Bank Card and Direct Debit; in the one sentence.
I said, "Are you saying that you want me to agree to you taking the payment direct from my account next year as well" The answer was a resounding "yes".
I said "But that means if your rates go up and I don't see the renewal on time, ( I might be traveling or want to cancel due to higher pricing), you automatically get into my account and take your premium.

She said "Yes all the people love it like that; it protects them from driving uninsured" "we don't send out hard copy at all, you will get an email"

What a great way to virtually guarantee a sale next year. If your computer is on the blink or not on the internet they can up the bill next year due to any reasons, and it is direct from your bank to theirs that day.

I said forget it thanks as I like to see the bill for such items prior to selecting an insurance company. This purchase is different to just paying the necessities of life like gas , electricity etc on Direct Debit.

She said "But you can cancel the direct debit during the year if you want to" I said, Ok, if i can do that next year why can you not just take the payment for this year right now, and save me the trouble?"

"Sorry we don't work that way."......

So if you are with youi and don't want to automatically have your insurance extended next year, send them an email and stop your direct debit. You know that a low price is offered to new customers and the likelihood of a large escalation next year is more than probable.

On the other hand this is a friendly note to members to give one mans story, mine. :) If it is all crap to you that's OK as well. After all we all place differing value on these things.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

TramcarTrev

Re: youi Caravan insurance.

Post by TramcarTrev » Tue May 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Youi have a reputation and I'll say no more...

But I can give you the URL to a site where their customers review Youi, "great untill you make a claim" seems a common remark....

I pay by the month for all our insurances by direct debit. I can see exactly how much is coming out and to whom its being paid and it allows us to budget more easily....

Oh so My wifes Barina was with GIO untill this year when we got the renewal notice and I noticed the premiums had jumped from $37 to $59.87 per month. The reason we insured with GIO was that theirs was a very competitive quote with a replcement vehicle for life... So the agreed value was not an issue, the car is written off we get a new one but for that we were going to pay nearly $720/ year for a car that would cost around $17000 to replace ( GIO would have got it cheaper) while at the same time paying about $460/year for the Challenger agreed value $35000.... Something wrong there I explained to the lady on the phone she just kept going on about "ITS A REPLACEMENT FOR LIFE POLICY" and could not ( or did not) want to see my point....

Ended up going back to APIA after their online quote proved best... $34.90 /month for agreed value of $16500...

Its a bit of a PITA but every year I go through the excercise of getting online quotes before committing to carry on for another year.... Loyalty costs you money...
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Jay&dee

Post by Jay&dee » Wed May 04, 2016 4:17 pm

I was with youi for one year and did not renew. The mob had the cheek to charge me for the forthcoming year.
I complained and received a refund.
Won't touch them again.
Jay&Dee

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Wed May 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Blogs;

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:15 am

Youi's slogan is.... 'we get you'. This of course can be read 2 different ways ;-)

Youi fined $100,000 in New Zealand for misleading customers

http://www.smh.com.au/national/youi-fin ... ru9a1.html
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

rat3het

Post by rat3het » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:43 am

I am with NRMA ,

tried youi , but they were extra

mind you I have been with NRMA for 50 years , and get all savings , house , car caravan etc

would love to pay by the month , to reduce bill shock , but extra premium was too much

J.REEVES

Post by J.REEVES » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:14 am

Youi will not insure my van because it is homemade!

I have my vehicles insured with Youi and have no problem with the automatic debit. They take the money for the next year on the day it is due and if I wish to cancel only need to call before the due date and they will stop the deduction as far as I know.

The saving on my Landcruiser was quite a bit compared to the NRMA.

Found when you call they answer the phone quickly but yes it’s when you make a claim is when the company is tested and I have had good and bad experiences with insurance companies with clamps when my house was stuck with lightening many years ago.

JR
:razz:

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:30 pm

rat3het wrote:I am with NRMA ,

tried youi , but they were extra

mind you I have been with NRMA for 50 years , and get all savings , house , car caravan etc

would love to pay by the month , to reduce bill shock , but extra premium was too much
Have a look at APIA, no extra to pay by the month and for me they were cheaper than NRMA. Ive been an NRMA member since 1964....
Whateveryoui do do notr chose Youi or Coles.... Both have form...
Blogs;

hank

Post by hank » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:25 am

I have had insurance with youi on my tow vehicle and van for quite some time now and recently had a water damage claim with them on my van, they covered all the costs involved except for the excess of $600. My premium also went up the next renewal, understandably, but I have been told that most other insurers would not have covered the claim.
The cost of the youi policy is considerably cheaper than others I inquired with on both the van and tow vehicle.
My wifes Hyundai Accent however, is a different story, NRMA were over $100 cheaper.
I also have been a member of NRMA over 50 years and always check prices at renewal time.
So far I have been happy with youi.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2011 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

lizard

Post by lizard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:41 am

We are with Youi - saved $1100 p.a on house/car/van premiums - I don't have a problem with direct the automatic debit . I have a reminder on my phone , as well as Youi send reminder a month before due ... can't see the problem with that .

Return to “Money Matters”