Fuel Price Ripoff

Share your hints and tips about saving pennies here!
dogbox

Re: Fuel Price Ripoff

Post by dogbox » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Legendts wrote:Must admit I always go to the truck bowsers for two reasons, one which you mention, cheaper and 2, quicker fill with high flow. I too am very mindful of not holding up the "working man". I believe the reason for the difference is a discount for bulk quantities.
most trucks pay with a fuel card the discount (usually4 cent a litre) is given at bill time off the price payed some of the larger companies pay a set rate for there fuel regardless of where they get it

Chonga

Post by Chonga » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:03 pm

G'Day,

A result of ripoff complaint.
I took photos of the large price advertising sign on the highway outside the large BP servo and the general pump prices on the forecourt along with the truck price out the back.
The large roadside sign was the same price as the truck section out the back and the general motorist price was 2 cents a litre dearer.
A manager from this large BP outlet asked me what I was doing. I replied that the large sign on the front of the servo was "Bait Advertising" to attract passing motorists and that I was going to report it to the ACCC. He walked away.
The next time i went past the Ultimate Diesel had the word "Truck" stuck in front of the word diesel.
A week or so later the large sign out the front was replaced. The new sign had 2 diesel prices - one said Truck Diesel and the other said Ultimate Diesel. The Ultimate Diesel was signed 2 cents a litre dearer.
A result of sorts but I want you to check if your BP has two diesel prices and if so report them to the ACCC.

Cheers CHONGA

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Chonga,
Thanks for your efforts. It didn't go unrewarded because you made them realize that somebody is watching and waiting, like yourself, to pounce and report.
Everyone on this forum should now be on the lookout for this sort of false advertizing.
They shouldn't just talk about and boycott that outlet but do as you did and get photographic evidence; aah I like the digital age-it can record absolute proof.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Well done Chonga :razz: - one small victory for honesty. May there be many more across the country.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Chonga

Post by Chonga » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:20 am

G'day,

It has been six weeks since the last of these postings.
Has anyone seen the two price system in their travels?

If this issue is left to die the oil companies have had a win and we are the victims of this ripoff. Please keep this issue alive for all of our interests.

Cheers CHONGA

Chonga

Post by Chonga » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 pm

G'Day,

Drove past the BP servo today. The diesel on the large roadside price advertising sign still had the two prices - One for Ultimate Diesel and one for Truck Diesel which was 3 cents a litre cheaper. It appears that they are being kept honest here.

Please check your local servos and see if they are up to the ripoff game. Let us know what you find.

Cheers CHONGA

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:42 pm

In my general area of North Brisbane, Caltex/Wws is a constant 117.9 cpl along with some ordinary Caltex, 7.11 and a couple of independents. BP and Shell usually compete to be the dearest. We don't see too many with two different diesel prices.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Return to “Money Matters”