View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Fish and save money??? 

Roger B, you forgot the cost of the boat! I laughed like hell at your post, it all sounds so familiar!
My wife goes crook .... "you spent $300 on a fish finder and it doesn't even tell you where the fish shop is!"

Ghosta, might have to pick up a few tips from you, how about letting us know when the next feed is on?
Re; favourite bro inlaw, you could at least give him a decent knife, less waste, more fish ..... second thoughts, nah, if he finished quicker then he'd drink more beer!

Regards, Terry

Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Well.....All us Kiwi's luv to fush....read your bit on eating Asian fush from the freezer....Jedo,I wished you had watched the programe I recently watched about what your eating in fush sorced from Asia......firstly, The fush were breed in the rice paddy fields 2 / ...where the water ran off the hills and into the fields....then it showed the points where agent orange was used...and how it was STILL running off the hills and into the fields....3rdly / ....the hygene in the factories where it was processed (made me feel sick!)...WOW...then they stick an Australian sticker somewhere on the packet....and send it off.......STILL WANT TO EAT THAT ?????

Tue May 05, 2009 11:25 am

took the family fishing in darwin at stocks hill wharf cost us $16 pus a couple of donations to the tackle gods no fish to day but had fun thats why thay call it fishing and not catching

Wed May 06, 2009 8:44 am

Post Fishing
Terry. All my travelling companions have boats.I don't need to own one. Their fish are far more expensive than mine!! I just have to buy a bit of bait, and a bit of fuel, and occassionally part with a beer, and I get to travel on their boats. Actually, I'm doing them a favour, as they'd have to spend a boring day all on their own in a boat otherwise!! Cheers.

Roger.......

Wed May 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Post Fishing in the boat
Yeah Roge, it's a bugger sitting out in the boat all day by yourself, plenty of room, plenty to drink, the esky stays cold, the thermos stays hot, no-one else's line to get caught up in, and I always agree with myself, I never argue!

But, think of the decisions I have to make ... Will I stay in this spot any longer? Will I go further east, or maybe west? What does that bouy mean with the cones on top? Should I go across the bar? Is the tide running in or out? What colour lure should I try next?

And then there's the fish ... to fillet or not to fillet, do I want to keep the leather jacket or let it go? Will I keep chasing flathead? It goes on and on.

Bloody hell, I might have to go back to work, this retirement business is just too hard!

Regards, Terry

Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Onya Terry.

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Thu May 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Post Fish............
Geez Terry. I'm exhausted after all that. I didn't realise I was doing the boat owners such a huge favour.

Roger,,,,,,,,,,

Thu May 07, 2009 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3