Kogan Coffee pod machine

Share your hints and tips about saving pennies here!
jessdogster

Kogan Coffee pod machine

Post by jessdogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm

We've been thinking about getting a coffee pod machine for the van for some time.

Today and finishing tomorrow night (5/12) at midnight, Kogan have free delivery on Home (Caravan in our case ;-)) Appliances. So for $139 we bought one.

http://www.kogan.com/au/shop/?collectio ... 20on%20now

Not overly expensive by comparison to the name brands and even better priced for the infrequent use it will get.

Got the telly and now the coffee machine.....

cheers
Jdog

No product affiliation and posted in the interest of others accessing a good deal

Aussietraveler

Re: Kogan Coffee pod machine

Post by Aussietraveler » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

woolworths had one at $79 and they sell the pods

Manjimike

Post by Manjimike » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I bought a woolies one on Saturday and very happy with it - gone thru 1 pack of pods already :lol: :lol: :lol: :-)
Mike
VK6MB
3/15 BT-50 Dualcab
Looking at Bushmaster Bluegum

rredbeak

Post by rredbeak » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 pm

now dont shoot me down in flames but we use it for instant boiling water for hot choccy or the like. YES i know you can buy choccy pods but ours we can make as strong as we like.

Just watch the water level at the rear.

cheers rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 pm

It is worth having a look around the shops. When Kogan first started their prices were very competitive. Now the other retailers are bringing their prices down to match.
I have the Nespresso machine and like the Nespresso coffee. The down side is the pods are only available on line or from the Nespresso shop in the capital cities. I saw in Woolworth's this week some pods made by Lavatsa for the Nespresso machine. Lavatsa is good coffee I will have to try them. I see Sunbeam are also making a machine that takes the Nespresso pods.
My sister has an Aldi Machine. The machine works well but I don't like their coffee.
Woolworth's also have their own branded machine that takes their own pods. It may be good but I won't touch it with a barge poll. The large supermarkets are killing our Australian manufacturers with their home brands.
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

dnsoakeshott

Post by dnsoakeshott » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 am

Your loss Cyclone. I bought a Woolies one on Saturday, $79 got 3 lots of pods and found them pretty good. Took the machine to the office so i can have a decent cup during the day. Taste was on a par with other coffees i've had but not as good as the Saeco machine I have at home. Don't forget Woolies still employ Australians and use local suppliers, trucking companies and still source Australian products. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Regards Dean

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
2014 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 3ltr TD
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

odzi

Post by odzi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 am

We got the Aldi machine and they have some 10 varieties of pods (I like number 10, yum) and the Gloria Jeans pods also fit in them, giving many options for many tastes. $89 I think we paid.
Experienced in travel, but still a beginner when it comes to a caravan
Up front: 2011 Nissan X-Trail 4 x 4
Behind: Rental van. We were thinking about our own A'van Cruiser or maybe a Windsor Little Shuttle instead but now a Jayco Freedom is our favourite!

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 am

dnsoakeshott wrote:Your loss Cyclone. I bought a Woolies one on Saturday, $79 got 3 lots of pods and found them pretty good. Took the machine to the office so i can have a decent cup during the day. Taste was on a par with other coffees i've had but not as good as the Saeco machine I have at home. Don't forget Woolies still employ Australians and use local suppliers, trucking companies and still source Australian products. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Dean I do a lot of work in the food manufacturing industry.
Sadly the supermarket chains use Australian brand name manufacturers to produce their own brand products using Australian labour and goods. That sound great at first. But there are consequences when the market shifts to home brand products.
1. Sales for the brand name drop. 2. The supermarket chains start dictating to the Australian manufacturer the price that they will pay for the product. 3. The Australian manufacturer losses their contracts with the supermarket chains. 4. The Australian manufacturer goes belly up. Golden Circle and Rosella are two recent examples. I can't mention company names but I know a biscuit manufacturer and a cake manufacturer that have reduced production to less than half. More Australians out of work.
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Goddo

Post by Goddo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 am

Buy one of these: http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/delo ... ine-emk6a/
Use any coffe you like - no need for pods. $96 from appliances online
Goddo (Mark)
http://www.markandkay.smugmug.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127141130@N05/
2013 Landcruiser 200 VX; Kimberley Kruiser Special Edition S2

odzi

Post by odzi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am

Cyclone wrote:
dnsoakeshott wrote:Your loss Cyclone. I bought a Woolies one on Saturday, $79 got 3 lots of pods and found them pretty good. Took the machine to the office so i can have a decent cup during the day. Taste was on a par with other coffees i've had but not as good as the Saeco machine I have at home. Don't forget Woolies still employ Australians and use local suppliers, trucking companies and still source Australian products. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Dean I do a lot of work in the food manufacturing industry.
Sadly the supermarket chains use Australian brand name manufacturers to produce their own brand products using Australian labour and goods. That sound great at first. But there are consequences when the market shifts to home brand products.
1. Sales for the brand name drop. 2. The supermarket chains start dictating to the Australian manufacturer the price that they will pay for the product. 3. The Australian manufacturer losses their contracts with the supermarket chains. 4. The Australian manufacturer goes belly up. Golden Circle and Rosella are two recent examples. I can't mention company names but I know a biscuit manufacturer and a cake manufacturer that have reduced production to less than half. More Australians out of work.
I couldn't agree more with Cyclone on this. These large retailers develop their own branding/name etc and the brand starts to disappear but also the supplier is put under extreme pressure because the product can now be scourced elsewhere and specs can be varied so contracts are lost.
I was in the garden industry and the same thing happened there. From chairs to potting mix. Buyers from these large retailers have few scruples or show little loyalty to suppliers.
That's my ramble for the day :)
Experienced in travel, but still a beginner when it comes to a caravan
Up front: 2011 Nissan X-Trail 4 x 4
Behind: Rental van. We were thinking about our own A'van Cruiser or maybe a Windsor Little Shuttle instead but now a Jayco Freedom is our favourite!

Return to “Money Matters”