View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 park vip memberships 

stacca's,

They also keep the bed warm in cold climates so that you hop in to a nice warm bed rather than a cold one.

Cheap dependable security when free camping, they can bark and look mean and wake up to a snap of a twig.

Cheers, peterm.

The wife? or the K-9?:p

Cheers,Craig.;)

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 am

Yes, i know sometimes it is hard to tell, they both keep the bed warm, Both bark, and wake up to a snap of a twig, BUT only one will do what ever i want it to do, and keep me happy!!!!!

Cheers, PeterM.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Post parks vip memberships
I have just found that BIG4 are increasing their membership fee to $50 from oct. 1. I see no reason why they should increase it. Ttey are no better than top tourist who still charge $25. I'll stick to top tourist or family parks.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:00 pm

They have increased the savings to offset the cost rise. You get more per stay than Top Tourist. But its up to the individual as to what they like.

From 1 October 2009 BIG4 Members will enjoy an increased saving of 10% up to $40 per stay (current maximum saving is $30 per stay). This means even more value for BIG4 Members.

The price of BIG4 Membership will also be changing to $50 for a new 2 year membership, or $40 to renew for 2 years. But if you join or renew before 1 October 2009 you'll pay only $40 for a new membership, or $30 to renew - and still enjoy the increased savings from 1 October.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
stacca's,

Cheap dependable security when free camping, they can bark and look mean and wake up to a snap of a twig.

Go-on, Do It, take the dog along with you, you know you do, Just Do It!!!!!

Cheers, peterm.

G'day stacca's,
I fully agree with Peterm, ours may be only a maltese X shih-tzu, but when she hears a noise she'll let us know, our first trip was up north and it only took her a few nights to work out friend (wildlife) or foe, if it was wildlife she would give a low rumbling growl to let us know it was close and ward it off, only twice she barked (madly) and we knew someone was close to the van, both times were in caravan parks, found out next morning(s) people had been burgled, we had nothing missing, as for showers for the ladies, a pop up shower tent and 12v shower is the only way to go, even my mother-in-law, whotravelled with us to Tassie earlier this year loved it, and she is "old school" when it comes to privacy.

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:25 pm

I fully agree with Peterm, ours may be only a maltese X shih-tzu, but when she hears a noise she'll let us know,

Hi Frank & Brenda.
Never under estimate a Maltese, ours is a Multese X Poodle and she goes off like banchee when someone walks near "her bus".
Also starts with a deep throated growl.
They're only little tackers but great little watch dogs.
Just to get back on topic.
We cancelled our Big 4 membership because they don't allow dogs in their parks although some Top Tourist do.;)

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Post Dawgs
Hi Guys
Just be aware that if you do decide to take the dawg, you will miss out on seeing and camping in some fantastic places..Karijini, Lakefield, Wilsons Prom, Cape Le Grande, Cape Range etc. etc. etc.
Jock

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 am

On our last trip around the block - 07/08 - with our Landcruiser/Coromal combination, we were members of Big4, Top Tourist, Oz Parks & Family Parks.

We definitely got our money back from the membership of all as we only stayed in CP's for the entire 51 week trip.

Now, with our MH being totally self contained... for as long as the water lasts ...we will be free camping for the majority of our travels. For the times we will be utilising CP facilities our membership of the Winnebago RV Club &/or CMCA will generally get discounts of between 10% -15%. Therefore we consider the membership of individual CP groups to be unnecessary.

As a side note, I'm sure that at numerous CP's we visited they offered a discount for Seniors, NRMA (etc)... anyone else aware of this?

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:04 am

Oz Parks Club Membership is only $16.50 for two years and gives 10% discount per week (Not per stay like the others).
The longer you stay the bigger the discount.
Average site around $23 a night.
ozjohn
www.ozparks.com.au

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am
Profile WWW

Can anyone tell me why big 4 parks ban dogs. I would have thought the percentage of people travelling with dogs would have made it a bad commercial decision to cut themselves off from that market. Or are there enough people who dont want to be near dogs to make it viable. Has anyone asked this question before.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next