View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 DVA Gold Card Holders... 

If you go back to the original (first) post on this thread, geriatric gypsy (Chuck) placed some info on the forum for any members that it may be relevant to, I don't think it was meant to be the beginnings of any new Ex Service Organisation (ESO), it was just to alert those concerned to some entitlements and fringe benefits that they can obtain.

I support Chuck for starting it, there are a lot of veterans and ex defence personnel that don't know or understand the benefits available to them. If we can help others as part of this forum then I believe it is a good thing.

Also if people are travelling and can't get to an RSL or other ESO then they can drop a message here and possibly get the assistance and/or info that they require.

PS,
25' Jayco Heritage
Satellite TV
Wireless Broadband Internet

A little story for yours all: I was at a monthly welfare meeting last week for the Newcastle Area ESO welfare and pensions officers, and a War Widow whom is a representative of the Newcastle War Widows Guild advised us that some of their members had been upset because other widows' in the community were jealous because they didn't receive as much pension and benefits as the War Widows did. So it just goes to show, sometimes it good to just sit, relax and drink the more expensive wines and don't tell others around you how much it cost!!!!!

If I can be of any assistance to you RE the DVA pensions side of things or if you just want to how to get an entitlement an/or benefit then here's a good place to start or drop me an PM.

What Battalion? I did 6 years 1RAR as a Pioneer, before changing to Air Force as a Fire-fighter.

Cheers, peterm.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Post So Do You Agree ?
peterm wrote:
Terry, Chuck,

I failed to mention in my previous post here, that i am also a TPI.

Cheers, peterm

So because we TPI's are discussing this on this Forum.
Do you agree "peterm" that the TPI Association does not offer a Forum for this to be discussed in it's own dedicated stream as one would expect ? Ex Soldiers & TPI's deserve better than to be forced to get information predominantly from a Caravan Forum. Anyone's Ideas ???

Landcruiser 200 T/D (Black)
Oral B Electric Toothbrushes:D

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:13 pm

There is a forum for members of the TPI Association, and other ex service organisations (ESO's) it's just that you have to be at a local meeting to do so.

I personally have not yet seen any ESO Web sites that offer discussion Forums, Have you or any of the others here?

I personally believe that all ESO's that have a WEB site, should have Forums on them for members to be able to ask questions and/or discuss any issue in with the knowledge and sense of freedom to be able to speak freely about their topic/issue and general chit chat such as this C&M; site does.

This Web site is for the RV travelling world and I think it would be a good guide for a ESO's to be able to look at for a generalised layout and features that would be applicable to the ESO's.

I will definitely be brining this issue up at our next Sub Branch meeting How about you people?

But until the ESO's have something in place, and as long as C&M; can put up with us, I will be happy visiting this site on a regular basis.

Cheers, peterm.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Lets move our discussion out of the Money Matters section and into the Social Chat section.

Someone come up with a name for the thread, ie. Veterans Heaven, Veterans Dreaming, or something.

Cheers, peterm.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Location: Where We Are, Australia (Narre Warren South, Victoria)
Post Congratulations!
G'Day Peterm & others.

I am not a returned serviceman, nor have I ever been enlisted in any of the services. Both of our Mum's are however Gold Card Holders, Dawn's Mum only recently after her Dad's passing. I congratulate you, peterm on your helpful advice to those deserving of it and believe it would be a good idea to initiate a suitably named thread to help all those concerned.

Your work and the work of those who served for this country should not go unappreciated. You are welcome to use my space on this forum for any positive work towards their welfare.

Best regards and keep up the good work, Dawn & Lance.

P.S. Perhaps RVV's!!

Princeton 754 & 4500 Patrol Ti

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:59 pm

I appreciate your post, and thank you.

I am currently in the Sub Branch awaiting another old veteran to come in so i can assit him in obtaining his disability entitlements. I can admit to you that i have recently assisted 3 Ladies to obtain their War Widows pension and entitlements (Gold Card) and Income Support Suppliments. Not many people know that when a veteran passes away, and leaves their loved ones behind that it can be a difficult task sometimes to connect the veterans' passing to his/her service, but i enjoy seeing the look on their faces with the satisfaction that all will be Ok for their future when it all comes together.

I am a volunteer and so don't take any money for what i do, however my wife is getting a little edgy to start off on the road again so i will take time out in late April and we will go for a short trip up to Cape York with the van in tow.

Any how i must go, and if you require my assistance with questions of you parents mothers entitlements don't hesitate to drop a message, iether on the thread or via a PM.

Advise your mothers to join the Local War Widows Guild and or the local Ex Service Womens Association which they would be most welcomed to in both. They can also contact legacy for assistance and or to join, and even ring DVA direct for anything they may require.

The Gold Card is exactly that it is like a block of gold tell them don't be afraid to use it, their husbands your fathers served and fought for it and the reason your mothers were given it was that your fathers passing were linked to their service, in other words they died serving theirs and our country. So be proud of your parents, be very Proud.

Cheers peterm.

Ps, RVV's, thats a start.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:51 am

Location: Where We Are, Australia (Narre Warren South, Victoria)
Post Pride A'Plenty!
G'Day again peterm.

Don't worry peter, we are extremely proud of not just our parents, but all of you who have served this beautiful country in whatever form that may take.

My Dad was well and truly involved in the local branch of the RSL, in fact he was Head Barman for quite a number of years, and Mum has spent many years involving herself with just about every auxilliary and area of the local branch as could be imagined.

Dawn's Dad never liked going to his local RSL as he didn't seem to like meeting new people. His deafness caused him to be a bit of a loner as he got older. It took us quite a few months to convince Mum to approach the right people, but she eventually did through her local branch and joined up with Legacy. She now joins in all their activities and loves the advantages she receives through her Gold Card. (Even Back Pay).

Keep up the good work and best regards, Dawn & Lance.

Princeton 754 & 4500 Patrol Ti

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:24 am

Post Absolutly Agree !
peterm wrote:
Land Viking,

There is a forum for members of the TPI Association, and other ex service organisations (ESO's) it's just that you have to be at a local meeting to do so.

I personally have not yet seen any ESO Web sites that offer discussion Forums, Have you or any of the others here?

I personally believe that all ESO's that have a WEB site, should have Forums on them for members to be able to ask questions and/or discuss any issue in with the knowledge and sense of freedom to be able to speak freely about their topic/issue and general chit chat such as this C&M; site does.

This Web site is for the RV travelling world and I think it would be a good guide for a ESO's to be able to look at for a generalised layout and features that would be applicable to the ESO's.

I will definitely be brining this issue up at our next Sub Branch meeting How about you people?

But until the ESO's have something in place, and as long as C&M; can put up with us, I will be happy visiting this site on a regular basis.

Cheers, peterm.

You obviously work very hard for veterans peterm, To not have a "Dedicated Forum" which veterans can use to discuss DVA, Pension matters must be frustrating. I have been asking the President of the QLD TPI Association for a Forum and hopefully this rediculous defficiency of a service for our veterans will be positively addressed.
Land Viking, OUT

Landcruiser 200 T/D (Black)
Oral B Electric Toothbrushes:D

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:39 am

ALL,

Lets move our discussion out of the Money Matters section and into the Social Chat section.

Someone come up with a name for the thread, ie. Veterans Heaven, Veterans Dreaming, or something.

Cheers, peterm.

Absolutely agree peterm.

How about Veteran's Viewpoint?

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:19 am

To All,

We have moved this thread to the Social Chat section and it is now called "VETERANS' VIEWPOINT".

Cheers, Peterm.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next