To join a club or not join a club..? that is the question?

Are you a member of a club? Tell us all about it!
ray smith
On a roll

Re: To join a club or not join a club..? that is the questio

Post by ray smith » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi all, My wife & I are late 50’s Early 60’s & have had the privilage to be guests at a caravan club weekend but due to the rules & regulation found that it was not for us. I was not wanting to be a member of a club of a regimented style. So a work collegue & I decided to put out a circular to all staff intersted including family & friends for a camp weekend approx every 3 months no regulation or fees attached just come have a good time.
So since Feb 2009 we have been to Queen Mary Falls near Warwick, Cecil Plains Homestead, Nanango, Wivenhoe Dam, Kingaroy, Crows Nest, Maidenwell, Leslie Dam. It is all about leaving work behind so that means NO WORK TALK. This is not restricted to vans as we have families in tent even the old swag rolled out under someone’s annex or tent fly. As we are all shift workers with a few semi retired it’s about living the life so just do it.

Regards Ray

Brisey
Been here for a while

Post by Brisey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:13 am

Another way to get travelling more with company without joining a club is to use this forum. There are members in each state & everyone sort of knows each other so if there was a trip planning section made up people who are planning a trip can post the details & anyone who is available could join the trip & book in to the same caravan park/free campsite etc. We did this through a local forum here in the west called CampingWA.net when we bought our new van. We announced we had bought it & were going to Bussleton for the shakedown cruise & we ended up with 12 groups attending for the weekend.

Cheers

Bri

rainy
Cracked the big time

Post by rainy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:06 pm

hi we do belong to a caravan club here in gippsland but have members from all over vic
its a great club
all trips/rallies are put up well in advance ,we also go away ourselves at times as well

the only drawback for people wanting to join is that there is a short waiting list

Bev Tyler
Been here for a while

Post by Bev Tyler » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:11 am

Hi there all, well I’ve joined a GROUP down here in Tas and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done..A nicer bunch of people could not be found anywhere .We are all different ages and from all over the state . We all help each other out ,swap stories ,don’t take over camp kitchens ,we’re not loud and obnoxious , we meet up and don’t travel in a convoy,no one is ‘in charge’ in fact…. we are just PERFECT in every way….Best thing I’ve ever done…Yes I do believe in connecting with a GROUP :lol:

cheers Bev

rainy
Cracked the big time

Post by rainy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:28 pm

couldnt agree more with you Bev ,we wouldnt have found half the places or had as much fun if we hadnt joined a club

Bev Tyler
Been here for a while

Post by Bev Tyler » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Same here rainy , have discovered places I didn’t know were there :lol:

Return to “Club Chat”