View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Toogoolawah 

Post Toogoolawah
At Toogooloowah this weekend (25/26 Sept) there appears to be a gathering of the clans.

In the showground there is reputedly 500 caravans of varying shapes and sizes as lots of individual clubs meet for some sort of national meeting.

As a consequence, my missus missed out on lunch today cos the town cafe had run out of food!

A few of the clubs stopped here in Esk prior to going onto Toogooloowah and I got to overhear a bit of 'political' chat as strategies were planned and lobbying done.

(*shudder*) :roll:

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Post Re: Toogoolawah
Siegejay,

Hence why we have not become members of any club. Just lve to meet people on the road and makes friends that way or here on the forum.

BennyT50

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:37 pm

That was the Combined Caravan Clubs of Qld. (CCCQ) state rally, held each year at different venues around the State, next year I think it is to be held in Rockhampton

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:25 pm

I was of the opinion that they held a similar rally in Rocky a couple of years ago.
Jay&Dee

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 am

I agree with Benny T50 having travelled NT & WA meeting some great folk & remained friends & visited all with them doing the same local & interstate. My wife & I were invited to a caravan rally by a club & were not impressed by the ringing of the bell for M/tea Lunch etc plus the snobbyness of some along with the clicky little groupes within the club.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Thanks for the report CJ, must be an incredible sight 500 odd vans in one place!
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]