View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New van Humpback 

Post New van Humpback
Hi all
i am interested in purchasing a new van. The on ethat has caught my is the Humpback Smart Van. I believe these are sold from SA some where.
Can anybody share any info such as god , bad or ugly.
Any known hicups etc

Thanks

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Some info here.... http://candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7832#p7832

Last edited by Old Techo on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm

I called in a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the vans and service. Lots of happy customers. Well worth a look.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:27 am
Profile WWW

They are sold from a nice place out at Port Wakefield SA.

http://www.humpbacksmartvans.com.au/

I have dropped in a number of times to look around, alwayts helpful and friendly.

They also do repairs and insurance work and more surprisinly they will or atleast did allow customers to stay onsite while waiting for small repairs to be completed. Tiolet and shower block and washing machinces. I think it was $10 a day but only if they are doing repairs.

I thought that was worth considering if your in the mid north of SA and needed some repairs done while on the road.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:49 am

My father in law has one of the humpback vans from Pt Wakefield. I did not know much about them when he bought it and he is known for spending his money "unwisely". Went over the van with a fine tough comb and couldnt find anything wrong with it. The designer & maker is also the seller of these vans and since then he has improved the product greatly. He has also lived on the road in a caravan for I believe 2 or 5 years cant think which one so he does know what he is talking about.
We chose him to do insurance repairs and many improvements to our van before commencing a 12 mth trip. All work was done to an excellent standard. And yes you can stay out the back and we have done it. Made life a lot easier for us as we were living in the van and had to get the back window removed and replaced as it was leaking.
Also made great suggestions for things that I hadnt designed just right.

Would've loved to have been able to afford one of his vans but out of our price range but by the time we have spent all the extra dollars getting this one setup we probably should've.

Sue

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Post Re: New van Humpback
We are picking up our new Humpback van this weekend from Pt Wakefield. 21' front club lounge, east west bed and rear bathroom. Cant wait. Will post photos later.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

LorraineD
Thanks I look forward to the photos.
Met a couple round a camp fire tonight that are picking up a new Humpback.

Your name sounds familiar

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Went to Pt Wakefield this week end. Took lots of photos so in TWO WEEKS I should know how to post them on here of MY van. It was everything we wanted and MORE. The staff and helpers went out of their way to help.
Funny thing your initials match a couple we met around a camp fire too. Would you have been at a free camp about 100kms from Adelaide lately?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]