View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 12 volt electric jack. 

Post 12 volt electric jack.
Has anyone got and used areliable 12v .jack? We have tried one . Used it to do the wheel bearings on the van but it failed. Can you reccomend one?Thanks Dave &Jen; .

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:02 am
Profile WWW

Now thats dissapointing,i was thinking of buying one as well.

Cheers Rod

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:53 pm

It seems that a lot of these jacks do not meet AS/NZS 2693:2003

So take care when buying as they are required to meet the standard. They should be either stamped or have a sticker on to say they meet standards.

Peter

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 am

Post I'm alright (electric) Jack
[color=#000080]This topic has been raised before. Please excuse my ignorance (and I have ample) but why does one need an electric jack? Why complicate a simple tool with an additional aspect to fail and needing 12 volts available as well? For private use jacks are used quite infrequently so hardly a labour-saving need. I can accept some justification for the muscularly-challenged but using a jack normally implies additional muscular work. Not my intention to offend anyone, or genuine need, so I would appreciate the truly enlightened sorting me out.[/color]

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:42 am

theyre labour saving and im all for the idea.

Having a falcon now its seriously close to the ground,even more so when a tyre is flat.on the falcon you dont get a jack handle,you have to use your wheelbrace and being so close to the ground it often catches on the ground.

yea,im all for the idea LOL.

Cheers Rod

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Post Jacks
Trouble is not many of them meet the Australian standards. I asked one seller if they met the standard and the reply was that they have been tested to the standard. From that answer I take it that they do not fully comply. As for the handle on other jacks. What is wrong with a rachet and socket from the tool kit.

Peter

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]