ladies comments for new travellers

Are you a member of a club? Tell us all about it!
Jayco Gypsy
An old hand

Re: ladies comments for new travellers

Post by Jayco Gypsy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks :D now I have to go buy a starmaid dish :lol: Thank goodness have Nan’s pyrex one in the cupboard.
Regards Cathy.

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Jayco Gypsy wrote:Thanks :D now I have to go buy a starmaid dish :lol: Thank goodness have Nan’s pyrex one in the cupboard.

Please let me know how you fare with it Cathy. The secret is the stand time in between.

Jayco Gypsy
An old hand

Post by Jayco Gypsy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:14 pm

[quote=”Boroma577
Please let me know how you fare with it Cathy. The secret is the stand time in between.

Tried it to night. Was a bit watery might have over cooked it. Hubby still ate it with ice cream. Will have another go next week.
Regards Cathy.

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:56 am

Jayco Gypsy wrote:
Was a bit watery might have over cooked it.
Remember the standing time Cathy which also applies at the end of the cooking.

hels
Been here for a while

Acryllic Nails

Post by hels » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 pm

It is 2 months and we will be on our way around Oz we can’t wait!! I have had acryllic nails for 25 yrs and have decided to soak them off and not worry about them at all for the trip. I am too concerned about getting a shonky job done and causing an infection that is going to ruin our holiday for weeks!! My nail technician is getting me some good nail hardener so I will see if that will do the job on our travels. Its not the best but its my choice and I am reasonably happy with my decision. Hels
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jayco Gypsy
An old hand

Post by Jayco Gypsy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Boroma
Success Bread & Butter Pudding turned out perfect, adjusted the cooking time for my microwave. Thanks for the tip.
Regards Cathy.

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:03 am

Jayco Gypsy wrote:Hi Boroma
Success Bread & Butter Pudding turned out perfect, adjusted the cooking time for my microwave. Thanks for the tip.

Very pleased JG…what times did you end up with?? I did one in the van microwave the other day which was a tad watery as well.

Jayco Gypsy
An old hand

Post by Jayco Gypsy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:26 am

Very pleased JG…what times did you end up with?? I did one in the van microwave the other day which was a tad watery as well.[/quote]

Hi Boroma
I made a small one just enough for two in a round dish. Zapped 1min then stand for about 2 min. Did that twice and zapped another 30seconds and it was cooked. ( just checked dish holds 2 cups of liquid)
Regards Cathy.

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am

A new tip I have just learned. I am currently in Mackay and the guy next door to me gave me a Damprid hanger. I have had this in action for about 2 weeks and it has collected almost a cup of liquid already.

I also run some damprid granules in the bathroom. Using the CP amenities and yet it is still amazing how much liquid I get from the small container I have in the bathroom and there is no longer any musty smell from the damp towels.

I might also add it has not been raining during that time. Have attached a pic of the Damprid hanger in action.

gazndaf
Avid poster

Post by gazndaf » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi all, it’s been a long time since I have been on this site. We are in Townsville at the moment, parked outside our daughters friends home. We had only planned to stay a day or two. Garry then found the crack in the chassis and with the helpful information gleened from the forum and borrowing tools etc from our new found Townsville friends, he is well on the way to fixing the problem so we can get home. Now to me. When we left home I had a head of recently dyed thick red hair. Then the grey started to grow and the wind started to blow (showing all my greys). So I decided to go grey. Off to the hairdressers and off with most of the dyed hair. It’s very short but I feel so liberated. I like it and hubby likes it. I hav’nt told the kids or grandkids so I am expecting some funny comments but I don’t care…No more dyes or trying to hide the regrowth…yipee..So if there is anyone out there worrying about regrowth take the plunge while you are on the road noone knows you so you don’t have to worry about the drastic change………Daphne………

Return to “Club Chat”