View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 why do car sales men think were stupid 

thanks every one for your insperational comments. well i have bought my new car and did it all over the phone. we go down to brissie on friday to pick it up, and i got the one i wanted and colour. the thing that bugged me the most was i needed to make a disision on whether to trade or just buy outright and sell the falcon privately. he wouldn't simply give the best trade offer, and as such he lost a 45,000 plus cash sale on the day. so now who is the stupid one.

:rolleyes:
Don't forget to show "stupid" your new wheels when you get back.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Post Stupid Car Salesmen
Steer clear of anyone you believe is treating you like an idiot particularly where you have the option of walking away. Anyone buying a new or used car with a "Trade In" involved has to understand that the only figure that matters is the change-over price. A wise buyer knowing the vehicle he wants will concentrate on that and not worry too much how it's arrived at. From the Dealers point of view many factors will influence his "Best Price". Factory bonuses, do they have in stock the vehicle you want & how long have they had it, if they already have a version of your "trade" in stock then it's worth less to them, do you want accessories, are you going to use them for finance, are you going to use them for servicing. It's all a bit of a game and you have to be good at it. As a nation we're not good at bargaining as usually we're happy to pay the "ticket" price.
Having obtained a dealer's "Best Price" a buyer will within the hour get on the phone and find a dealer to better it in the next suburb or even half a State away. Don't be surprised if you do go half way across the State to save $200 if your local Dealer is reluctant to help if you have Warranty or Pre-delivery issues. The purchase experience should not only be about price.
As a rule the best Deals are had when you do your shopping by visiting Dealers with your "Trade", sight the vehicle you intend buying (be sure to check build and compliance dates), get a written quote on the "Deal" and be prepared to deal quickly after giving your local dealer last bite of the cherry.
Remember though that dealing is a game and there are good and bad Car Salesman as there are wherever someone is working for commission.
Not sure where the Lebanese Taxi Driver fits in here but I've come across more than a few lousy Aussie cabbies in my time and met a some decent pollies!!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 pm

everyone knows that you don't buy a new car in Bundy, Maryborough or Hervey Bay... I have had dental visits more pleasant than visiting car yards around here.

glad that you got some satisfaction

Accredited Offroad Driver Training

Mary Valley - Rainbow Beach - Landcruiser Park

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:51 am

and yes i did i pic her up on friday.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:35 am

everyone knows that you don't buy a new car in Bundy, Maryborough or Hervey Bay... I have had dental visits more pleasant than visiting car yards around here.

glad that you got some satisfaction

thanks chopper
its good to know that a country college understands the stresses we have in the wide bay just trying to get things done.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:43 am

I have a good story to tell, I wanted to buy the wife a new car for mothers day, no trade in just cash, my local dealer had the car I wanted it just needed mag wheels, the manager gave the price to the sales man I was dealing with, when he showed it to me I said he would need to do better by $1000, the sales man said ask for $3000,
I got it and that was off a dealer wide advertised special.
When it was delivered buy him on mothers day it had a big pink ribon over the roof and helium balloons on the door handels.
I was his first sale.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:48 am

Nice touch, things like that can really make your day, the whole week even!!

SD

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:11 am

I have has a similar situation at a car yard in NSW.

The dealer and their manager tried every which way to get me to commit before having a price and thinking about it over night.

We were fixed on the change over price and they were trieing to get us to be fixed on the car price.

After a lot of debating to the fact to get a price we were told by the manager that we probably couldn't do business.

As mentioned earlier it is not how much they will give for a trade but the change over figure.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2