View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 bag for storing your hoses both water and grey water 

Post bag for storing your hoses both water and grey water
gday all dont know whether other people have done this before ,but my missus come up with the idea of using those green shopping bags to carry our water hoses.
all she did was sow the top of the bag shut then cut a "D" shape inverted on the front of the bag leaving a small flap on it ,then you simply feed the hose through the opening until its all in there and the you can stow it and not worry about it coming unwound in the boot .

regards
Fred

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Post Re: bag for storing your hoses both water and grey water
Hi everyone

I put a 40mm pvc pipe under the full length of my van to slide my drain hose into it from the rear of the van ( i have drilled a 5/16 hole across the pipe to insert a bolt in to retain the hose while travelling.

saves all the drips going into you tool box or boot and making everything else wet and smelly :cry:

On my drawbar i have mounted a garden hose reel which i fitted drinking water hose to .so when i pull up onsite i fit a twin connector to the parks tap and my hose to the other ,when leaving just wind up the hose and go.
Craig

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 pm

cazmjz wrote:
On my drawbar i have mounted a garden hose reel which i fitted drinking water hose to .so when i pull up onsite i fit a twin connector to the parks tap and my hose to the other ,when leaving just wind up the hose and go.

That's what I have. The van end is "permanently" connected to the van beside an external tap (off-side of drawbar) with a snap-on.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:28 pm
Profile WWW

I use the same green type shopping bags only mine are the cooler (freezer?) type with an inner lining that helps stop leaks, they have a zipped lid, I always give the hose(s) a good shake before packing away and so far this has worked well, I have 2 water hoses of different lengths (a 20m and a 10m) and have them in separate bags, the drain hose is short enough to fit in one bag.

Avan Rhys.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Our sullage hose is stored/carried in two pieces of polythene pipe mounted under the van, no smells or water in the boot! The water hose we carry in a mesh open weave bag with a joiner inserted in each end this stops any water leaking out, result dry boot.

on the road again______

Landcruiser 100 Turbo Diesel
Coromal Princeton 653XC (ClancyII)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 am

Teg wrote:
I use the same green type shopping bags only mine are the cooler (freezer?) type with an inner lining that helps stop leaks, they have a zipped lid, I always give the hose(s) a good shake before packing away and so far this has worked well, I have 2 water hoses of different lengths (a 20m and a 10m) and have them in separate bags, the drain hose is short enough to fit in one bag.

No Matter How Much You Shake & Dance.....The Last Drop Will Always Run Down Your Pants !!!

Sorry Teg...Couldn't resist it.

Jock :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 am

cazmjz wrote:
Hi everyone

I put a 40mm pvc pipe under the full length of my van to slide my drain hose into it from the rear of the van ( i have drilled a 5/16 hole across the pipe to insert a bolt in to retain the hose while travelling.

saves all the drips going into you tool box or boot and making everything else wet and smelly :cry:

Craig

Great idear Craige with the 40 mill pvc pipe, i have done the same plus two extra pipes, two have sulledge hose in them, other two have two 5 meter extra water hoses great place to carry them all leaks go on road while travelling, allso on the back of the freedom the rear bumper has plastic plugs in end of bumper i pulled one plug out and store 2 extra lengths of sulledge pipe no extra weight, love that van.

Lance C

2000 prado v6 petrol
2002 jayco freedom

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

I found the need to use 50 mm pipe (rather than 40) as my hose fittings are bigger than 40 mm. I have permanent fittings both ends for joining. My primary connection has a 45 bend to reduce stress.

Attachment:
pipes5.jpg

I also used the rear bumper for a short hose as often that's all that's needed in some parks.

Attachment:
pipes6.jpg

Refer here for more details viewtopic.php?p=91913#p91913

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]