Getting the dirt off the caulking on your van...

Got some hints, tips and ideas about making life on the road easier? Post them here and help everyone out.
TramcarTrev

Getting the dirt off the caulking on your van...

Post by TramcarTrev » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:32 am

I have tried numerous methods to get the caulking looking like new with varying degrees of failure.

The red dust seems impervious to everything except replacing the caulking...

Then I discovered a product called "Simple Green" at Bunnings that I used to clean the awning with great sucess and ease. So I tryed it on the Red dust spray on, wait a couple of mins (actually I started at the front left corner and worked my way around the van so it was probably 5 mins) then used a wheel cleaning brush along the lines of caulking, rinse of with a hose and WOW!!!!!!

I have no connection with this product whatso ever, YMMV but it worked brilliantly for me...
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

J.REEVES

Re: Getting the dirt off the caulking on your van...

Post by J.REEVES » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:24 pm

I used a tooth brush and detergent but now have desided to accept the red line and have lurnt to not see it!

JR
:razz:

NEVILLE & TRISH

Post by NEVILLE & TRISH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:02 pm

TramcarTrev wrote:I have tried numerous methods to get the caulking looking like new with varying degrees of failure.

The red dust seems impervious to everything except replacing the caulking...

Then I discovered a product called "Simple Green" at Bunnings that I used to clean the awning with great sucess and ease. So I tryed it on the Red dust spray on, wait a couple of mins (actually I started at the front left corner and worked my way around the van so it was probably 5 mins) then used a wheel cleaning brush along the lines of caulking, rinse of with a hose and WOW!!!!!!

I have no connection with this product whatso ever, YMMV but it worked brilliantly for me...
Went to Bunnings yesterday looking for "Simple Green" & found to many choices. :confused: :confused: Trev which one did you use?

Regards Neville.....
2012 Ford Territory Titanium diesel AWD
2012 18' Jayco Sterling pop top with shower / loo.

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:42 pm

It's Simple Green all purpose cleaner
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Return to “Bright Ideas”