MAGNETIC FLYSCREEN FOR YOUR RV

Got some hints, tips and ideas about making life on the road easier? Post them here and help everyone out.
Chonga
An old hand

MAGNETIC FLYSCREEN FOR YOUR RV

Post by Chonga » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 am

G’day,

The Owner/Trainer was browsing through a cheap shop the other day – as they do. She saw a magnetic flyscreen on a shelf. She had asked a fellow traveller that had one and they were quiet enthusiastic about it’s performance. On that basis she bought one. The box is pictured below.
Screen LR.jpg
The cost of the screen was a staggering $7.99
Later that day whilst I was discussing business of great importance with a neighbour she installed the screen – it must have been easy to do. It comes with double sided adhesive patches that were used to stick the sides of the screen to the plastic door surround. She stitched over the top to shorten the screen and to accommodate a curtain stretch wire.
In use the screen has a number of magnetic tabs that grab the screen as you let it go behind you. The screen is now automatically closed keeping out the pests. They claim that even dogs learn to let themselves in and out of your RV. Didn’t keep out one of those pesty neighbours though.
At night the top of the screen is pushed out to the sides on the stretch wire and stretch loops are put around the screen halfway down to hold the screen out of the way. She said that this was to keep Captain Klutz (me) from getting tangled up in the dark when I go out to check the tyre pressures at night.

Cheers CHONGA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xina
Avid poster

Re: MAGNETIC FLYSCREEN FOR YOUR RV

Post by xina » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:58 pm

These have been available for a few years now. Prices vary depending on which ones you get, and where from. There are 2 or 3 different makes.

Cheers,
xina.
An it harm none, do what you will.

Jeepman
Confident

Post by Jeepman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am

We put one of these on the annex doorway. Sourced from BigW. It was stitched to the canvas walls.
We found it was not very successful as it only took a slight breeze to blow it open. Slightly stronger magnets are needed.
Cheers Paul.

Chonga
An old hand

Post by Chonga » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Jeepman,

We purchased ours from a cheap shop for $7.99. The winds we experienced last week didn’t blow it open as the magnets did hang on.
We purchased after a fellow caravanner recommended their use. We didn’t think that $7.99 was a lot of money to lose so we gave it a go. – it worked well.

Cheers Chonga

A’van
Rising star

Post by A’van » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 am

We got some for our son and daughter in law, as a temporary thing for the house, he complained that it could not take the kids swinging in them and he going through them to fast.
Yea, what do you reckon ? :lol:
Hans
E&H
Toyota Aurion + A’van Aliner

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 am

One of my daughters has one on her back door – and so far it has survived her kids – and that really IS saying something. Magnets close it well. We have one, but not installed due to a family member with a pacemaker and being near magnets is not recommended. They are quite cheap on a number of on-line stores.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

lyn and darryl
I’m new, be nice!

Post by lyn and darryl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 am

We put one on daughters back door, great for grandson who is 18mths and can’t reach door handle, the old cat worked out how to go through it, saved having to open door every time either one of them wanted to go out.

Chonga
An old hand

Post by Chonga » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am

G’day MH,

I have a pacemaker. Maybe that’s why she put the magnetic screen up.
No noticeable change of heart rate when I go through the screen unless that young neighbour of ours is outside showing her wares. Never too old to appreciate beauty.

Cheers CHONGA

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:54 am

If “she” reads this post, then stronger magnets may be added :o :lol:
Chonga wrote:G’day MH,

I have a pacemaker. Maybe that’s why she put the magnetic screen up.
No noticeable change of heart rate when I go through the screen unless that young neighbour of ours is outside showing her wares. Never too old to appreciate beauty.

Cheers CHONGA
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

bev&vern
Getting the hang of it

Magnetic Fly Screens

Post by bev&vern » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 pm

hi does anyone know what the site was that showed you how to install a magnetic fly screen (video)Regards Vern :?:

Return to “Bright Ideas”