Scrambling to dress in the caravan park shower cubicles?

Got some hints, tips and ideas about making life on the road easier? Post them here and help everyone out.
Jay&dee

Re: Scrambling to dress in the caravan park shower cubicles?

Post by Jay&dee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I think some of these comments would be a scream ooops may be scream is the wrong word... on ""Just a laugh"" site.

What is even worse is when one is under a nice hot shower and the " silly bugger" comes into the next shower and takes 50% of your hot water. Never find a brass monkey with a welder when you want him.
Even a magnifying glass would help.
Jay&Dee

ghoile

Post by ghoile » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 am

Reminds me of a hotel we once stayed at in Paris. There was no toilet in our room, just a bidet. (Great for washing socks) The toilet was outside in the corridor.
The big problem with it was that it was tiny - and I'm not! So, in order to use it for No2s you had to open the door, back in, undo all the buttons, clips and zips then shake your boody until the trousers fell down to the floor. Then you had to put your knees out to the side as far as they would go and at the same time ease down onto the seat. Holding onto the walls for support helped a lot.
So, after you finished what you went there for, you had to redress. Well, that wasn't easy. Your undies and trousers were on the floor and there was no way to reach them. But, I found the solution. All you had to do was sit forward a little and put your ear to the door. When it sounded like the coast was clear you lurched forward, bent down, pulled up the undies and trousers in one motion then got outa there. I'll leave it at that - some other time I might tell you about trying to find the toilet paper dispenser (over your left shoulder) or indeed the flushing butting (over your right shoulder)
Greg
2001 Nissan Patrol
2008 Traveller Sensation

dick/pat

Post by dick/pat » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 am

Dont you just love it when the bloke in the next cubicule decides to snort and spit, gargle and and make all sorts of wonderfull noises to clear all orifices. This has to be one of the filthiest habits in a shower. :evil:
Dick.

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

At one caravan park, they had tiny yacht style shower recesses. The ladies had a separate shower room with a communal dressing area with a bench in the centre to leave your clothes on. The gents just stepped out into the main toilet/shower room - just don't drop the soap :o . A bit daunting at first - but I went to boarding school - modesty was set aside :rolleyes: . Other than that, we loved the CP so put up with the amenities.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Ant@Shez

Post by Ant@Shez » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 pm

You guys cracked me up! Thanks for that. I must admit I have seen some sights in caravan parks, maybe it was you! lol. If it was you keep up the good work!

Danield

Post by Danield » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Reminds me of a time many moons ago when we stayed for a couple of days at Greenvale caravan park. At that time they had these tiny shower cubicles. I'm not big, but after I dried off, I bent over to put on my jocks, hit my bum on the wall and speared out into the corridor. After he managed to control his laughter enough, another bloke helped me up, and helped me dress. We then sat down and yarned for an hour or two.
Cheers,
Dan

L&CA

Post by L&CA » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:48 am

:lol: sometimes you just use the shower facilities to have some ME time, So, I pack the bag, bath mat,hanging soap/shampoo holder,along with shampoo/conditioner/body moisturiser etc.2 towels (1 for hair)hair dryer,change of clothes, not to forget the make up bag.By the time I finish,hubby has packed up with engine reving ready for the next leg of our journey :D :D happy days!!!!!!
Lindsay & Christine
100 series TD Landcruiser
23' Roma Elegance "The Van from Snowy River"

Heather Holmewood

Post by Heather Holmewood » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 pm

I always take a bath mat with me to put on the shower floor after showering. This seems to keep the feet dry and while I am dressing and things fall onto the floor then they dont get wet.

Gary and Sharon

Post by Gary and Sharon » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree on the showers wife always complained about them and the toilets now have an ensuite van with large shower and toilet happy wife so far happy life Gary
Gary & Sharon
BT-50 & Retreat Magnetic
Happy Travels

hank

Post by hank » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:52 pm

We have a full ensuite in our van but I still use the amenities supplied by the park at times, had a pleasant surprise just recently stayed at the Big 4 at Harrington, NSW and they appear to have new amenities and the floor in front of the shower was heated, felt good on a cold night.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2011 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Return to “Bright Ideas”