Are there enough dump points?

Freedom to explore this great country the way we want to
Boroma577

Re: Are there enough dump points?

Post by Boroma577 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:43 pm

dieseltojo wrote:Hi Joseph ,
1. I reckon that there are never enough dump points available for the travelling caravaner/motor homer. Being a plumber I know that it is not hard to build these things into the existing toilets that are already available. It saves having to use a toilet facility and all the cleaning down associated with that internal dumping.
2. I would say just plain lack of understanding of the needs of the public. The non realisation that these facilities attract travellers.
3. When free camping we just let the water run to some nearby trees, if we are isolated. When in town and having to get mobile, if no dump points are within cooee, I see nothing with stopping in an isolated spot ( out of town and off the road), and running the water to a tree. The purpose of a holding tank is not to flood a permanent or popular area. Letting the water go in an off the beaten track spot wouldn’t be a problem.

I presume you are referring to 'grey' water here dieseltojo

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Joseph vW wrote:Hi DT,

Thanks for your input - looks like you snunk in while I was replying to MH.

Code: Select all

When free camping we just let the water run to some nearby trees, if we are isolated. When in town and having to get mobile, if no dump points are within cooee, I see nothing with stopping in an isolated spot ( out of town and off the road), and running the water to a tree. The purpose of a holding tank is not to flood a permanent or popular area. Letting the water go in an off the beaten track spot wouldn’t be a problem.
Do you dispose of black water this way or just grey water? The latter I can understand, not sure I agree with handling black water this way. Can you elaborate?

Cheers,
Sorry Joseph, old age,
I meant grey water. If away from facilities we bury the black water.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Bluecruiser

Post by Bluecruiser » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi Joseph and Peter915, I have used a dump point very similar to your (Alien) photo, but that type of DP, is not suitable for a motorhome, emptying their black or grey water, as it is too high to allow a gravity feed from the tank. I like the blue ones that are regularly installed and getting more of them with CMCA assistance. I'm a caravanner with a vaccum toilet and casset and do not use any chemicals.

Colin.

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Joseph vW wrote:Hi Peter,

Do you means like this?
dump_point.jpg
Cheers,

Lol, my first thought was a strangely painted Webber BBQ. I dont think I would want to do the sunday roast on it.

A'van

Post by A'van » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 pm

And of course, you would not mind spending a penny( Dollar) or two to use the dump point?. Well everybody else has to pay for getting rid of their waste, that being at home or in a CP.
We are so lucky here, if you have traveled in Europe, you know that you have to pay for most public toilets, mainly in the south i found, no dough no go. :-x

Hans
E&H
Toyota Aurion + A'van Aliner

Return to “Free Camping”