View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shower Tent 

Post Shower Tent
Who can suggest a good shower tent? Some of these things are impossible to fold up and I have a very short fuse. Price is not an issue within limits. Any info would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 am

Post Re: Shower Tent
G’day GeeCee,
I had two of those fold into a loop tents. The fuse blew on one of them over Christmas at Lake St Clare.
That leaves one fuse left if my new annex is not finished before Easter.
I am having a shower/toilet end included so I don’t come home very angry after what usually are relaxing breaks.
I found the folding shower tents either relax into their folded state or its in the bin. No amount of force or YouTube will do if it does not drop in place.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 am

We bought the OzTrail Ensuite Tent from BCF for around $105-$115. At first setting up took a bit of practise, but it packs down into a smallish carry bag. It is great as has enough room for the shower and Porta-Potty, and when we are at a caravan park we sometimes set it up as a storage shed if we are staying a while.

We went with the dearer one as we thought the quality would last longer, and so far it has. You can get it at any camping store that supplies OzTrail gear.

Hope this helps

Dave

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:32 am

This bloke makes it look easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odcezc1zQM8

There are heaps of these youtube clips.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 pm

An invention of the Devil!!!!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:31 pm

ozjohn wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why, after reading threads about them a few years ago, we decided to go camping without a shower tent :o

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

I have been carrying my shower tent in the boot for 2 years, to frightened to get it out. The ONLY time i have used it, after about 1 hour trying I finally STUFFED it into the bag not folded mind you. However after seeing the video I thought I would risk it. My wife went into hysterics as soon as I said I was going to try it again. Undo the zip and WHANG its up. It got me the first time but I was ready for it. Long memory. It does look a little funny from being jammed into its bag. I sat and glared at it while I had a coffee and then GRABBED it and flipped it about and put it gently into the bag. My wife thinks I’m superman and god help anybody who tells her different.
Kevin

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop
Motherhen wrote:
ozjohn wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why, after reading threads about them a few years ago, we decided to go camping without a shower tent :o

We have one of those that twists down into a triple loop, takes about 5 seconds to fold then into the bag, easy peazy.
Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote:
We have one of those that twists down into a triple loop, takes about 5 seconds to fold then into the bag, easy peazy.
Frank

Frank, I’m sure you will offer to go and fold it up for them every time. :rolleyes: :lol:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 pm

I bought a collapsible laundry basket and that was enough of an ordeal :o . I couldn’t even work out how to get that back as small as it had come out of the packet :confused: . When we got home, daughter came around and twisted it back to size – said ‘don’t let go – i don’t know how i did it’ :lol:

The thought of a shower tent was just too much :???: :-x

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next