View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Free-camping with pets?! 

Post Re: Free-camping with pets?!
We travel everywhere with our two dogs and a cat, the dogs are harnessed when traveling and the cat is in her crate, she seems to prefer to as it is dark. It is rare for us to use a commercial park as we prefer the natural surroundings and generally avoid places where there is a lot of noise or idiots.
We are aware of baits and also of the possible predication from birds of prey (they are about the same size as a Rabbit) so keep them on a leash at all times

The cat (Maddy) only travels in the motor home and we walk her a couple of times a day , she is pretty good on the lead now and the only difficulties we have is the looks of amazement when people realize we are walking a cat. she has always been an indoor cat so 5 minutes here and there is plenty for her.

The two dogs Ayesha Long haired Chihuahua and Sorcha Pom Chihuahua travel in custom made beds with Harness restraints in the 4x and similar arrangements in the Motor home.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 am

Post Re: Free-camping with pets?!
I am a big greyhound (some are small-ish). I am very quiet and well-behaved although I get excited when new people are around because I always want to play. Oh and dogs, too...I want to play.
I have been in all sorts of free-camping places but they have never been crowded places. Anyway, I spend most of my time asleep in my trailer (the caravan).
I have been trained not to eat things not given to me by my pack but I have an old muzzle to wear if there are signs up saying the area is baited (Granny worries but she shouldn't, I won't eat it just sniff it).

So far, at every caravan park that says "small dogs" or "small, well-behaved dogs" ONLY, I have been allowed to stay. At one caravan park, I have influenced two of the staff to look into adopting greyhounds as they were so impressed with me/my behaviour.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3