View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 crusader caravan feedback please 

Post crusader caravan feedback please
Hi,
We look like going for a new van the Crusader La Famiglia Grande if anyone can give me anyfeed back on the quality of crusader or if they own one and are they happy with it.
To me the crusader looks like value for money but not a expert any help would be great.

Regards Roy

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:00 am

Post Re: crusader caravan feedback please
Hiya Roy.
I wrote up the 'Crusader' after the Adelaide Caravan Show last February as being pretty good value for money in the middle price bracket vans.
Unfortunately over the next 5 months they has 3 price rises that lifted their price to the same or a little more than their big brother 'Regent' and more than the 'Retreat'.
All three brands are excellent product as are others in their price bracket like Concept, Galaxy, Royal Flair, Roma etc.
I've also sent you a PM.
ozjohn.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

hi oz john would like to hear about about the crusader also, we have ordered one, insperation ( with mods).i'm satisfied our decision is right the're a pretty good van but would like another more experienced view.They are a van that dont seem to feature on any forums much, save for that one by a person with an axe to grind.(send me pm)
Cheers Warren.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 pm

carra wrote:
Hi,
We look like going for a new van the Crusader La Famiglia Grande if anyone can give me anyfeed back on the quality of crusader or if they own one and are they happy with it.
To me the crusader looks like value for money but not a expert any help would be great.

Regards Roy

Hi Roy
We have just picked up our new Crusader Manhattan (3/12/10) and it is just great. We have chosen a East/West front bed configuration and six wardrobe doors across the front. All the doors were supposed to be mirrored but they only did two of them. As we picked the van up from the dealer in Ballarat we went to the factory 3 days later and had the other 4 wardrobe doors with mirrors fitted. They even offered to freight the doors to us. They could not have been nicer at the factory went out of their way to oblige. The van finish is very good and apart from the wardrobe doors everything was exactly how we ordered it.
Since picking up the van we have travelled through some horrendous wet weather and have had no problems.

Regards Chris :razz:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback hope weather improves , how did you find
the dealer in Ballarat ?? and did you look at other states/dealers for the crusader anyfed back would be a help .

Thansk Roy

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Roy
As for the dealer in Ballarat (Trounce) we got what we ordered so can't complain. The man to speak to is Anthony.
I sent emails to all the Crusader dealers in NSW & Victoria and they came up with the best deal. Having said that, I wanted a Aircommand Ibis airconditioner so it cost me an extra $400.
I thought that they would just change it from the Dometic model.

Regards Chris

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:22 pm

We have a Tourline Crusader (18'6") tandem which we tow with Hyundai Terracan Diesel. Love both of them! We chose this particular van initially because has full ensuite across rear but still not overly large and easily falls within our 2500kg tow capacity for the Terracan. Ours was purchased from Cameron Caravans, Adelaide, August this year and on a recent trip to Robe achieved economical towing at just under 11 litres per 100km. Had many admiring compliments at van parks. With the following upgrades - larger fridge, leather seats, full oven and venetian blinds, paid just over $54000.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]