View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 toilet flush not working 

Post toilet flush not working
hi all, its great to see a forum that everyone shares the passion of caravanning and enjoying this great country of ours. I have a jayco expanda 18 6ft with the works ,but recently had problems wilth the teftford toilet not flushing ,checked fuses at front of van(ok) then checked fuse under/around holding tank (which was blown and replaced) but no luck. has anyone similiar problems or any ideas would be great. HAPPY CARAVANING TO ALL ..................

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 pm

hi all, its great to see a forum that everyone shares the passion of caravanning and enjoying this great country of ours. I have a jayco expanda 18 6ft with the works ,but recently had problems wilth the teftford toilet not flushing ,checked fuses at front of van(ok) then checked fuse under/around holding tank (which was blown and replaced) but no luck. has anyone similiar problems or any ideas would be great. HAPPY CARAVANING TO ALL ..................

Have you filled it up with water???????

754 Princeton & Cruiser 100ser TD

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:52 pm

If when you replace the toilet fuse and it takes a few seconds to blow it could be the pump jammed up.

If it’s the Thetford toilet with the door on the side and not the back of the toilet lift the toilet paper roll holder out (can be tight) and get access to the pump. Try turning the pump impeller using a small screw driver or just give it a tap or two.

JR

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:20 pm

hi jr thanks for the quick response i will have a look tommorow and see how it goes .Much appreciated ....... thanks again

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 pm

Post Dunny flush
Hi Samaby,
Had exactly the same problem, found it to be a seized water pump inside the unit, Remove the toilet roll & cavity put your hand straight down the hole & you will find a pump, drain all the water from outside & the pump is held in by 1 screw (phillips), remove the pump on the end of a tube & give it a few stern bumps & should free up.
Have found that leaving the water + conditioner in over a period causes a black sludge seizing the pump, just flush the whole system out & things should be honky.
Hope this helps

Cheers Macca

If things don't alter they will stay as they are!!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 am

macca1 your r a genius worked well but what the best way to clean the top tank alot of gunk over the years.............................

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Post Mally
My iced tea bottle still working fine. Good and reliable. No flushing required, no chemicals and no maintenence. LOL

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:59 pm

My iced tea bottle still working fine. Good and reliable. No flushing required, no chemicals and no maintenence. LOL

Just dont mix bottles;)

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Post iced tea bottle
They really do come in handy. After having had more problems than I can cope with in the toilet pump etc.. have resorted to just this and it works fine and lets face it you can never run out of plastic bottles and the large iced tea bottle lasts just that bit longer. LOL...Jan

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]