View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hello Brand new Here 

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Hey even if it was only a tent, you'd be welcome, don't let the name fool you we'll let anybody who likes the outdoors in even if you only had a swag.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Well yes it is a tear drop of sorts, probably doesnt fit in here with the caravans & motorhomes but am hoping no one minds. Was looking for something that wasnt a tent but not too big and found a compromise. Am enjoying building it up from basics.

No probs about a tear drop based camper, check out my dirt road tear drop build. Am about to start on a smaller on road one soon
http://forum.candm.com.au/showthread.php?t=961

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Post Welcome Teardrop
Hi Teardrop,
Aint not class distinction here, so don't think you have to have some flash rig, We found that when we were members of the CMCA that there was the THEM & US Culture and our converted bus wasn't good enough to park next to.

Enjoy the life style and smile as the rest of the world goes roaring past.

Regards Ray

I was taught to be cautious {MM}

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 pm

No probs about a tear drop based camper, check out my dirt road tear drop build. Am about to start on a smaller on road one soon
http://forum.candm.com.au/showthread.php?t=961

Wow that is exciting, I have only just learnt about the teardrop and have not spoken to anyone else that is interested in them yet. I would love to see your finished product. I saw my first real teardrop only yesterday :) Mine is a sort of teardrop, 6x4 with metal canopy will post picture later when I work it out.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi Teardrop,
Aint not class distinction here, so don't think you have to have some flash rig, We found that when we were members of the CMCA that there was the THEM & US Culture and our converted bus wasn't good enough to park next to.

Enjoy the life style and smile as the rest of the world goes roaring past.

Regards Ray

Thanks to all for the welcome here, I am enjoying reading all about your ideas and adventures

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Post Working it out

Well I have been hanging around here for a while and seen some very interesting builds. I have also learnt so much, so thought it about time I shared. I can't take credit for my build as I bought it from a lovely guy who I think might just of had someone like me in mind when he built it. This is my midget camper.
This is how I bought it without the lights though. They are 12v running off my car battery.
Image This is the bed I built from connecta. Bit like lego really.
I decided on a slat base bed hoping to avoid the mattress sweating, also to give easy access to underneath. Still thinking about whether to bolt them down or use some type of hesian strip so can easily roll them back if want.
Setup is easy lift the lid, put up a makeshift tarp if staying for a while. Is all fun, the potential for development and developing them is my obession

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2