View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Another learning curve... 

Post Another learning curve...
Aye - it's me again
Been missing a little while - but all good news...
I retired in September instead of waiting until Christmas - why not...
Superann was good to me - so bought ourselves another brand-newie van...
Bought the Discovery in February - but soon realised that we had neglected to include a toilet and shower...
Well, after the cold weather up in Armidale in June/July and another couple of cold trips to Dubbo (bloody freezing there...) we either had to give-up the nightly bevvy or tramp across the cold grass at pee-time...
Hence the brand-new 17.55.3 discovery - with toilet, shower, hot water...
Actually, we both like the lay-out better as well, with the door and kitchen at the back.
And am I imagining it - but it seems easier to control/reverse - I usually had to do a 23 point turn in our backyard to re-orient the van ready for the next getaway - the 17.55.3 only took 10 points to turn it 180degs...
We haven't been anywhere in it yet... just towed it up from Halls Mildura to home in Broken Hill...
Sidenote: apparently Peter Hall has sold the business..??
Now - anyone have any comment about the 17.55.3 - anything we should know - tips..??
It's great being retired - but the missus isn't retiring quite yet - there's the Christmas break coming up, so we are still looking for a coolish place away from the madding crowds - sounds like the highlands...
Cheers to all
Jedo

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Congrats on the retirement AND a new van!
I have a new Jayco Expanda and although different to the discovery the only thing I'd be looking at in yours is the size of the screws in the drawer slides.

My Jayco has just done a 9000 km trip from Hobart to Pt Douglas and the only problem I had was two drawer slides shaking loose on the Newell Hwy North of Moree. Easy fixed, and this was the only thing in a brand new van / tug combo that needed attention.This is also why I cant tell you anything else to look out for. :)
Hope your new Jayco gives you the same enjoyment.

cheers, Paul.

Our Blog: www.cooneystour.blogspot.com

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:43 am

Post Loose screws...
Hi Paul
Thanks for that...
The van drawers are the wife's responsibility - however, I am happy to check the wife's drawers every so often as you advise;)
Congrats on your new rig too...
Jedo

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]