View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Flojoes travels 

Post Flojoes travels
I have been caravaning for 13 years. I lost my partner two and a half months ago. So decided my travelling days were not to finish. So I hitched up my van and went north to stay at my sisters property for 2 weeks. I then brove back to Bundaberg to my Brothers place for a few days .Then time to drive home.My first solo trip. Was scared to do it alone. But am now trying to find time to do lots more solo travel around this state of Queensland. Before I try for the N.T. No matter what the age A wiman can do it.Even if she hates to reverse the van.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Was sad to read that you had lost your partner, but congratulations on your grit and determination to carry on as a solo caravanner. Shaggy Dog & myself on our last trip 'around the block', met quite a few solo caravanners, both male and female, travelling around, having lost their partners too, and I can tell you that none of them were spring chickens!!!
I believe that one of the old fellas that we met in Injune (Qld), mentioned that there was an offshoot of the Australian Campervan and Motor Home Club for singles, often organising travelling 'get togethers'. Keep on rolling
around Flojoe, cherish and enjoy every moment of it.....Maybe see you 'out there' in our travels one day.
Take Care and Happy Caravanning,
Noisy Scrub Bird

:D

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
G'day flojoe, I agree with NSB there are many out there doing it solo and from our observations more women than men, 2 women we met, though trveling together, were 89 and 91 and said they "wern't gonna die in a nursing home" but out there enjoying it, do it while you can, enjoy.

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:36 am

Love the get up & go attitude! Should be more like you.
As mentioned in another repy there is a group travelling this great land, not all together, called 'The Solos" and they are tied up with CCMA somehow. We meet a group at Lightning Ridge in 2005 some had little pop-up campervans; some larger motorhomes; men & women. They hadn't come in together but where planning on travelling there next section together. No ties, footloose & fancy free. What a life.

on the road again______

Landcruiser 100 Turbo Diesel
Coromal Princeton 653XC (ClancyII)

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]