FEATURE IN THE MAG - Top end upgrades

Here's your opportunity to brag about your rig! Share your info about your rig, how you've modified it and all the nitty-gritty.
Jazmin

FEATURE IN THE MAG - Top end upgrades

Post by Jazmin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:03 am

Hey everyone! My name is Jazmin and I'm the Features Writer here at Caravan and Motorhome on Tour. We have a very special Major Feature coming up and would love to see pictures of everyone's modifications and upgrades to their RV, which have made Top End touring more comfortable.

We don't mean gear such as solar or batteries (we've already got that), we're looking for the upgrades you, a mate or a business has done to your RV.

So far, we've had some great photos from people who have installed computer fans for their fridges and batteries, so those two options are covered. But there's SO MANY innovative RVers out there and I'd love to hear from them

Please send photos to: [email protected] to discuss opportunities.
Journalist & Digital Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome on Tour

Lance

Re: FEATURE IN THE MAG - Top end upgrades

Post by Lance » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Is this request still current Jazmin ?
Are you still looking for pics from the 'smarties' here who can do innovative things with their RVs ?

If all the research is done and dusted when will the info be published ?

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Your a bit late Lance I had a three page spread 4 years ago... :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:36 pm

G'day Jazmin
Now this old thread has been revived, before Marg left I told her about my little run in with sandalwood that nearly took my finger and she said she had left a message for someone to get in touch with me to do a story on it, but I've heard nothing
Is the mag interested?

http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... Sandalwood

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:52 pm

This thread is not all that old is it, or am I reading it wrong...........?

Posted by Jazmin
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:03 am

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 am

Be very careful Frank - if it was native Sandalwood, Santalum spicatumis, that caused you so much trouble, it is a very valuable wood (quoted back in 2013 as being $112,000 a tonne) and illegal to harvest without a licence. Its harvesting is heavily controlled and hefty fines are levied for those caught in the temptingly lucrative illicit harvesting trade which is threatening to wipe out the native populations of this tree.

Not a wood to touch for two reasons, that and you nasty experience.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Jazmin

Post by Jazmin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:02 am

Hey everyone!

Lance: This did go to print :D It's in Issue #239 of Caravan and Motorhome. We've also gone a lot more in-depth with Top End Touring in Issue #243 (current). We're always after pics that show DIY set-ups or unique mods as they may just spark an idea for a feature or we could pop them in to an up-coming one.

Frank & Brenda: That sounds like quite a story! Can you send it through to my email? (above). The next time we have a DIY feature article, we may put it in as a precautionary tale to save other RVers from doing the same (with your permission of course).

Motherhen: $112,000 a tonne!? I'm in the wrong industry! Someone let me boss know that I'm changing careers ha ha :lol:
Journalist & Digital Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome on Tour

Return to “You and your RV”