Jayco Swan Outback

Here's your opportunity to brag about your rig! Share your info about your rig, how you've modified it and all the nitty-gritty.
Archer63

Jayco Swan Outback

Post by Archer63 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:23 am

image.jpeg
Hi All,

Just to advise that we finally got our little Jayco Swan Outback pop top on Xmas eve !!
No longer wanna be's looking over the for sale sites daydreaming.
We consider ourselves so lucky that we were able to get the best example for our budget of 25.....and that it was only an hour and a half away from us !!
June 2013 model with the exact decor we were after and neat as a pin inside. Found a couple of things inside and out that the seller didn't mention in the add which was a nice surprise....twin 80ltr water tanks, TV arial and two of those bed light/fan things but will have to change the bulbs to LED like the rest of the lights are.
Not all that glitters is gold so the saying goes and have noticed a couple of minor things that will need addressing. The add also said that the bag end fly's and full annex were Kakadu....they are not...they are standard Jayco by the look of them. A couple of clips that hold the top glass door section appear to be broken and will need replacing. This is only a problem when you are lifting this section and fastening it to the ceiling when packing up. The canvas not near one of the bed section has come away from its slot and will need to be re-inserted.
Nearly had a heart attack trying to push the bloody thing up the side of our house ( only about 50mm spare on each side at the moment until I can re-do the side fence ) so we will have to get one if those 12v electric jockey wheels in the very near future.
This exercise was also quite stressful for all involved.....as you all would no doubt understand :shock:

All things considered, we are very happy and can't wait to head out on our first long weekend away next month.

Not sure how to add multiple pics ?

Cheers
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live For Today

Ancient Mariner

Re: New to the Forum

Post by Ancient Mariner » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 am

Welcome Rob, you will enjoy the rig. My son has one exactly the same and a family of 4 fits nicely
Cheers
Graham

dieseltojo

Re: Jayco Swan Outback

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Rob,
I hope you enjoy the van.
I don't have a Jayco, but live just down the road from where the make them. They are always loaded up on a full semi and off to parts unknown.
I always think "there go some nice surprises to happy people".... :)

I know quite a few happy owners of Jayco vans.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks guys.

I have been closely looking at problems and other service complaints online for quite some time, so I can't say that I am completely ignorant of the type of issues that can pop up.
I can only hope that ours is one of the good ones and so from what I can see it looks like it has been well looked after. We also have no intention of taking it up a goat track or on hundreds of kilometres of corrogations, so fingers crossed.
For what it's worth...it also tows really well .....not saying I can't feel that it's there....but pretty good all the same.
Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Purchased one of those RIGG 12V electric jockey wheel's online this am to help move our little swan up beside our house.
Will let you know my thoughts on whether this was a good or bad idea after we use it.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

Return to “You and your RV”