View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Grey water tank 

Post Grey water tank
Hello all

I have a off road Supreme Spirit 2004, I want to install a grey water tank and was wondering if anyone has done it themselves and/or know where there is a video on how to do it?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Post Re: Grey water tank
Hi aussie,
There are a few people on this forum that have fitted their own grey water tank so they will have some suggestions.

As far as I know there is no off the shelf grey water tanks so you will need to adapt a normal water tank or do as some do and use multiple lengths of PVC piping joined together. There is another option, you can get a tank made to your specifications by someone like Atlas Tanks: http://www.atlastanks.com.au/campers.html but will cost.

It is best to make sure that you have some kind of seal between the grey tank and the sinks and shower this can be done with an ’S’ bend or there are other products that do not take up much room like the HepvO: http://www.hepvo.com/

In time the grey water tank will develop an odour so some kind of non return system will stop the odour coming back up the drain lines into the van via the sink and shower.

To drain the grey water you will need a good size outlet at the bottom of the tank and you will need vents on top of the tank to allow the grey water to enter easily and drain quickly.

JR
:razz:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi ,aussiealltrails/j.reeves
I installed a greywater tank in our island star van.
I used ATLAS tank and hepo valves as mentioned by J.R.
Only way to go,but I had to re-lay the drainage,had two 40mm
inlets,one 25mm vent and a 50mm outlet.
Cost about $500 not including labour but well worth the money.
1 day to do
jim

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Aussie,

I have two of these installed under my van (had to, SWMBO, filled one tank in one day!!!!)

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/prod … _id=224100

They are a 68lt grey water tank. They have a large ball valve each that open or closed based on being in a caravan park or free camping and needing to hold our water. They are connected to each other so only need one opened or two if i am home and cleaning them out. One i had installed for me and the other i did myself. I arranged for a local metal fabricator to make up to metal straps that i have bolted to the chasis to secure the tank to the caravan. I used normal pvc pipe for the plumbing with standard blue sealer (im sure the plumbers out there are turning in their graves !!!! HA HA HA). To date, and they have been in for a couple of years, i have not had a leak or any movement in the tank. Good luck with what you choose to do.
Paul

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:40 pm

I’ve got three 82 litre water tanks sitting alongside the caravan if anyone wants one to convert for grey water.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 pm
Profile WWW

Hi aussiealltrails,
This an idea, but pretty much an exclusive approach as it is purpose made. But it may give you some ideas and reconsiderations etc.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13695
Don’t be shy and give us a state that you live in, just go to User control and do an update. :)

Sorry but if you can’t give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]