dinette extentions

Here's your opportunity to brag about your rig! Share your info about your rig, how you've modified it and all the nitty-gritty.
cruisaderhilton

dinette extentions

Post by cruisaderhilton » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 am

:) I have just finished making 2 extention cushions for our van,when sitting length ways my lower legs hang over the end of the seat by 300mm so came up with idea (seen it on another site).All pieces obtained from bunnings for the job came to $60 ,could have been cheaper but went heavier ply wood.They were made to be taken off when not in use bye means of brackets screwd to the plywood seat base and also the end of the sofa seat, also there is a drop down support leg to take the weight off the brackets.It is not designed to be a chair only used to support legs when watching tele,the drop down leg has a rubber stopper on the end much like a chair to stop it cutting through lino .Another thing I done was to put a 170 w solar panel on roof of the van ,it was already wired in at crusader factory up to the roof and to the batteries, connected it up to 30mppt regulater and away it went ,so far it has been good we only use minimal 12v power so will see how it goes when in the future. :roll:
John & Christel Toyota 76 series landcruser towing crusader manhatten caravan

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Re: dinette extentions

Post by Frank & Brenda » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:48 pm

cruisaderhilton wrote::) I have just finished making 2 extention cushions for our van,when sitting length ways my lower legs hang over the end of the seat by 300mm so came up with idea (seen it on another site).All pieces obtained from bunnings for the job came to $60 ,could have been cheaper but went heavier ply wood.They were made to be taken off when not in use bye means of brackets screwd to the plywood seat base and also the end of the sofa seat, also there is a drop down support leg to take the weight off the brackets.It is not designed to be a chair only used to support legs when watching tele,the drop down leg has a rubber stopper on the end much like a chair to stop it cutting through lino .Another thing I done was to put a 170 w solar panel on roof of the van ,it was already wired in at crusader factory up to the roof and to the batteries, connected it up to 30mppt regulater and away it went ,so far it has been good we only use minimal 12v power so will see how it goes when in the future. :roll:
OK, you made them and described them, now we want pictures, a picture is worth a thousand words :D

Sounds good

cruisaderhilton

Re: dinette extentions

Post by cruisaderhilton » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:03 pm

to frank &Brenda ,sorry about fotos will get them up when I can work out how to.Mite have sumptin to do with pixel size maybe,but either way it was a cheap alternative to store bought item from crusader caravans quoted price $300 each for similar item.sorry.
John & Christel Toyota 76 series landcruser towing crusader manhatten caravan

Return to “You and your RV”