BACAMICKS hino build

Here’s your opportunity to brag about your rig! Share your info about your rig, how you’ve modified it and all the nitty-gritty.
Coyote

Re: BACAMICKS hino build

Post by Coyote » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 pm

brickus wrote:Love to see it. It brings back memories of when I built my houseboat. I used the same 78mm, 75mm and 72mm wall section steel. I called it adult lego, fantastic to work with.
I even loved the smell of burning galvo until it made me sick. Drink milk before doing it they told me AFTERWARDS!!
Hmm may be try to avoid it…
Zinc oxide is not a really great thing to consume, a good particulate filter with carbon filtering can reduce the exposure, but even then try to keep your head out of the fumes.

Inhalation of zinc oxide fumes can occur when welding or cutting on zinc-coated metals. Exposure to these fumes is known to cause metal fume fever. Symptoms of metal fume fever are very similar to those of common influenza. They include fever (rarely exceeding 102o F), chills, nausea, dryness of the throat, cough, fatigue, and general weakness and aching of the head and body. The victim may sweat profusely for a few hours, after which the body temperature begins to return to normal.

Whilst chasing Google to get some details to post I found a case where a guy died from exposure but was using a furnace not just welding it.
Cheers

BACAMICK

Post by BACAMICK » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:59 pm

done some more today , dont have the pics but all the water pipes are in , should be tiling the bathroom next monday ,tested all the power so far and have tv and satalite lines in

brickus

Post by brickus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 pm

I don’t want to tell you how to suck eggs, mate but when you put that shower base down, just put a slurry of cement under it. I did it with my houseboat and it makes it very solid, my mate didn’t on his houseboat and his is bouncy. It also makes the plumbing solid and not susceptible to vibration and hence cracking.
Keep up the great work, loving watching this thing come together.
Bad men flourish when Good men do nothing!
There are 3 types of people. Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say “What the #%@+! happened?”
A man lucky enough to live near a river is lucky enough.

BACAMICK

Post by BACAMICK » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

slowly gettingthere , some more pics of the progress

had to put a sklight in the shower , worked out well after a hell of a job

BACAMICK

Post by BACAMICK » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:54 pm

feels good wen i tryed the toilet and it works a treat :)))))))))))))))
ill load the ensuit pics up in the next few days

mottleemob

Post by mottleemob » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Looks great ,gee i hate clever buggers they make me jealous.
cheers phil
:mrgreen:
PHIL&ANN
100 SERIES T/D AUTO TOWING 23ft JAYCO STERLING
WANNABEGREYNOMADS &
BONNIE THE SPOILT DOG,R I P

two.ringers

Post by two.ringers » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

You orta be congratulated. Really tremendous effort.

Regards .
Dave n Jen.
Dave n Jen
Old?Ringers Van

BACAMICK

Post by BACAMICK » Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm

got the ensuite finisht enough to move onto the kitchen , only need the shower screen and shower head :) undecided on both of these so will leave it till im sure wat i want , pick up the timber next week so should start on the kitchen area , the waeco 220liter fridge arrived today , its bigger than i thought it would be , its a 12v commpresser only :)
heres some more pics :)))))))))

had to have a good mirror with a light built in for the missus :)

BACAMICK

Post by BACAMICK » Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm

looking at them 1st 2 pics i havent sealed the tiles as yet around the mirror :O bugger i hate that no more gaps , looks good wen finished but wat terrible stuff to work with , beats cracking i spose :)

pmacca

Post by pmacca » Fri May 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Which toilet did you go with? Getting a fiver built and I specified a Tecma Silence Plus with macerate built in.

Peter

Return to “You and your RV”