New to the C&M forum? Post here to introduce yourself to the gang!
BrianH

Re: New Member

Post by BrianH » Tue May 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi Peter
Have to agree with most of your comments, but being a junior officer I guess our Area Mess tended to get a higher standard of culinary achievement ( the penalty for not achieving was a transfer back to the general unit kitchen).
That said anything could be made to taste better with a glass or two of good red to wash it down. Still enjoying the good reds.
BrianH

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue May 23, 2017 4:32 pm

BrianH wrote:Hi Peter
Have to agree with most of your comments, but being a junior officer I guess our Area Mess tended to get a higher standard of culinary achievement ( the penalty for not achieving was a transfer back to the general unit kitchen).
That said anything could be made to taste better with a glass or two of good red to wash it down. Still enjoying the good reds.
BrianH
The most exclusive club in the world, the Sgts Mess, had the best food due to the fact that the WO Caterer was a member! :lol:
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

hank

Post by hank » Tue May 23, 2017 10:08 pm

A few years ago I was stationed at Springwood, NSW, in the Police Force and whilst there I became friends with some of the staff at the Sgts mess at Lapstone. My daughter was getting married and I approached the mess for the wedding reception. Well to say it was a success is an understatement, the gardens were spectacular for the photographs and the food quality and amount was unbelievable. They even packed up the left over food for us to take after the reception, that along with the very reasonable alcohol costs, the wedding reception was a complete success. Many of the guests still talk about it and it was about 20 years ago.
A bit off topic I know but needed to be told.
By the way Brian, welcome to the forum.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2011 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Return to “FIRST STOP!.... Say G'Day ... introduce yourself”