New to camping

New to the C&M forum? Post here to introduce yourself to the gang!
Jing-Ping

New to camping

Post by Jing-Ping » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi all,

Have stumbled onto this forum while looking for some info on which caravan would better suit my needs. Seems to be a lot of great info here as a result of forum members!

We have only just started camping as a family a little over 12 months ago. Given our recent experiences with this summer's heat, severe thunderstorms and flash flooding, we are looking to exchange the tent for a caravan - but which one? That is the question for which I do not have the answer for as yet.

We are based in Canberra, have 3 children under 11, and have a VW Multivan as our towing vehicle - so any serious offroad stuff is off the cards for us.

Some pics from our recent travels on the Great Ocean Road :)
20170103 - JPIMG_9721 rs600.JPG
20170103 - JPIMG_9741 rs600.JPG
20170101 - JPIMG_9557 rs600.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smokeydk

Re: New to camping

Post by Smokeydk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Welcome

Most of us started out like you....and when we could afford it we upgraded.....then again...

We started out with tents then a campertrailer ......now a caravan

it doesnt matter how you do it .......as long as your out enjoying this great country :D
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

rredbeak

Post by rredbeak » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:06 pm

hi Jing-Ping,
welcome to our family and the forum..rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Welcome to the forum

Looks a bit damp in that last photo

If you're looking for a new van and you are on Facebook, it might pay you to look up a page called

Lemon caravans and RV's Australia

Frank

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 pm

You are starting out the right way, and I bet your children love it. It also teaches them the responsibility of setting up and packing up the camp.

As Smokey said, most of us started out with a tent and graduated up through campers to caravans to make it easy.

While we were out tenting and with the camper trailer, we bailed up everyone we say with an interesting looking caravan or campervan. Talking to them all one to one really help us know what to get when the time came for a caravan we could take around Australia.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi Jing-Ping and welcome. Looks like a bit of tough weather. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Gran'n'Grumps

Post by Gran'n'Grumps » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Love your rig Jing-Ping. May you have many happy camping experiences. Enjoy the great outdoors my friend. Hope to meet up with you on the road someday. Cheers.
Hilux Twin Cab, Jayco Expander 16.49-1

Geoffsa

Post by Geoffsa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:32 am

Welcome Jing-Ping,

We all know the problems associated with weather when camping with canvas.

We have been camping for about 40 years and gradually progressed from swags to tents to a camper trailer (which we still have) to now a caravan.
And going through each stage gives you some good and bad experiences, which I feel makes you appreciate it a lot more.

Good luck with your travels, and I hope you eventually find what you're looking for.

Geoff.

Return to “FIRST STOP!.... Say G'Day ... introduce yourself”