friends how to make them

The Place to chat and share general ideas
shonky12
Been here for a while

Re: friends how to make them

Post by shonky12 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 am

Yes and no wondered what your reasons and experience was to know it’s time, other than that it’s good got the wiring harness made for trailer so when chassis is welded just got to put it all together and the trailer wire has a 7 pin flat plug

Also will make the vans wiring harness for the trailer lights, main wire is done and has a 12 pin flat plug and car will get a 12 pin flat socket as you lot suggested and then the van 12 pin and trailer 7 pin will both go in.

And then have flat to round adaptor as well

Jay&dee
Cracked the big time

Post by Jay&dee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am

Maybe I am on a different page, but !!! what has all the above got to do with the name of the topic.
""Friends and how to make them""

Am I missing something here or is it just my O.T.Desease setting in.
Jay & Dee

Collyn
Been here for a while

Post by Collyn » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 am

shonky12 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:36 pm
What are your reasons for not continuing driving main daily driven cars till they completely die and getting rid of them when they start causing downtime and needing one thing after another

Would the story about the ford that was in post be a reason why

And when speedo reaches 200,000-300,000km why do people change them in about that time and how do they know when to when speedo is in that range if the drivelines strong as
There are many reasons:

The major one is that the death and severe injury rate in car accidents is very much higher with older cars. They also use far more fuel and have serious emission issues.
Collyn
The problem is not what people do not know, it is what they think they know that simply isn't true.

jock
Rising star

Post by jock » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Shonky !!! Hope this helps......... disregard the wooden wheel at the back of engine and doing so find the blue wire and disconnect it from rear trailer plug. Afterwards when you find a friend you can put a red one on to the speedo which should be discarded once the steering wheel wears out. Fords have an inbuilt self destruct programme but no need to worry..make sure that new friend is driving when it activates.

Some vehicles, particularly those made in Tasmania have a tendency to want to retire at 20 years of age..the answer is to remove the speedo link and the car will not show age for another 20 years...A trick well used in the used car trade. But I digress, lots of mechanics have friends..some are even married..so you see there is still some hope for you...do not be discouraged by such trivial matters, carry on with your wheel alignment and rotate the tyres.

Jock :roll:

Return to “General Chat”