Pesticide your washing machines ppl

The Place to chat and share general ideas
rredbeak
Major contributor

Pesticide your washing machines ppl

Post by rredbeak » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:27 am

Now that's an odd thing to tell a camping group..

In '85 wife n I bought a maytag washing machine. because of kids we bought commercial quality .

a decade ago it stopped spinning..got guy out n it was a cockaroach got inside rotary program switch just as wife was using machine,itgot squashed n caused the spin to not get power...guy pulled switch apart on top of machine,cleaned out remaining bug with bamboo skewer,all good...

now yesterday the spinner stopped again so me thinks same thing.but we'll wait n see on monday i guess..

he older maytags have ONE motor that drives everything, all off center shaft. theres NO belts to drive pumps n things ,all from center shaft n the motor is bigger than german tank...so the fact it washes,rinses perfectly makes me think everything is ok just bugs..

I CANT believe this has lasted 34 years,never a problem,no rusty edges / nothing n its still going strong no shaking spinning,no noisey machine wash..

So spray away folks youre playng russian roulette with unseen bugs.. Rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Ancient Mariner
Avid poster

Re: Pesticide your washing machines ppl

Post by Ancient Mariner » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:33 am

Hi Rod
That is fantastic that it has lasted that long, must have been made during the week and not on a Friday :D
Cheers Graham

rredbeak
Major contributor

Post by rredbeak » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:52 am

maytag edited.jpg
theres just no way to tell if the bugs are active today or not.so every time youre playing Russian roulette..

im hoping it'll be same thing ,it only cost $60 total last time ..LOL Rod

took pic so show guy make model I was worried itd be too old n no parts,but hes got lots im told...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

hank
Cracked the big time

Post by hank » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 am

Good luck with the 60 bucks, our local bloke charges $70 just to drop it off at his workshop, and the $70 goes towards repair, but if the repair is only 5 minutes you dont get change.

Hank

rredbeak
Major contributor

Post by rredbeak » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

Ancient Mariner , Yes I agree , I like mid week builds ROFL.

Hank
Agreed ,$60 was a decade ago n it took him 1/2 hour to strip / clean /reinstall switch..

Rod
Image Image Image Image

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Rod At first glance I thought you were going to go into the cleanliness of Wash machines. We were in Blackall whilst a rodeo was in town and the wonderful horsy folks washed the horse blankets in the laundromat. Luckily we were warned by a shop we got some change from.

Apparently the laundry owner was up for a lot of work to clean the machines up.

I dislike laundromats as you never know whats been through the machines.

This internet story seem a bit of a worry with a town full of scabies and things all using the same machine. It is concerning to throw you clots into a possibly coantamiated machine at any time.

I hope these folks do not skimp on the soap.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-14/ ... s/10113288

The humble laundromat is about to be deployed in the fight against scabies and other health issues in seven remote Top End communities.
Scabies, an itchy, highly contagious skin condition caused by tiny mites that burrow beneath the skin, is a relative obscurity in Australian cities.

But among some remote Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory, experts believe up to 70 per cent of children contract it before their first birthday.
Health complications related to scabies can lead to rheumatic heart and kidney disease.

Overcrowded housing and humid conditions can help the mites spread.
Eradication of an infestation is intensive and generally involves thoroughly cleaning clothes and linen in which the mites could reside.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:00 pm

Ok that’s it...I will never go to a laundromat again !
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:51 am

I am in no way alarmist, and it goes with out saying that hospitals have laundries too.

I would be more concerned with the care and disinfection process and its faithful employment.

I just can;t see it happening in the out back.

I remember the days as a kid when the mums used to boil the bed sheets in a wood fired copper. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

rredbeak
Major contributor

Post by rredbeak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:56 am

I tried to respond last night,come home n comp refused to start. so I waited till this morning n re loaded Win 10.

Archer I'm with you 100% what DT says scares the hec out of me..

DT. I never realised what you are saying,im only concerned now for my future trips cause I got by without contracting anything...

Secondly , DT, My fav freecamp [dunno why cause theres literally nothing there just dirt] is 20k South of Barcaldine qld.. But one trip it was fenced off for maybe upgrade or so, So we continued to Barcaldine n stayed free in showgrounds [ I WASNT aware then of freecamp on easter end of town,we never come that way].

Anyway in showgrounds is great amenities PLUS a washing maching with FREE TO USE sign on it.. WOW,get out dirty clothes n start washing,alls good till it hit rinse.then theres sparke ,lights in ceiling dimming,so I turned it off at wall.

Someone somhow tried to repair it by twisting wires together that the First SPIN shook loose.. Caretaker told us this later...

So if Scabies n other luscious things don't get you,local Idiots will... Rod

PS ive seen laundries n toilets that I refuse to use BUT you are not to know bout Local Repairs.
Image Image Image Image

rredbeak
Major contributor

Post by rredbeak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:58 am

Besides, its ONLY ppl with Dirty clothes that have trouble..just stay inside n be clean, van n watch TV. Rod
Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”