Dometic fridge issue

The Place to chat and share general ideas
Ronjulee
I'm new, be nice!

Dometic fridge issue

Post by Ronjulee » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm

My 3 way RM 4605, dometic is a smart selector type. When on gas it reaches its set temp and goes into hibernate mode till time to start again. Sometimes when it starts again, it will flame for a couple of secs then go into fault and does not come on till manually switched off and on again.
What is the solution.

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: Dometic fridge issue

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi Ronjulee, and welcome,
My fridge is ancient so just hang in there to get a decent answer. Me I always seem to have a themo switch problem but yours might be electrical.
Though it does seem as though some thing is not resetting correctly.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

jock
Rising star

Post by jock » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:53 am

Welcome .....Suggest you contact Dometic...I'm sure they have a Technical help section.

Jock ;-)

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:24 am

Ronjulee wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm
Sometimes when it starts again, it will flame for a couple of secs then go into fault and does not come on till manually switched off and on again.
G'day and welcome Ronjulee,

The things that spring to mind needed to make the fridge restart on gas are adequate gas flow (solenoid on), reigniter module (sparking) and thermocouple (sensing gas flame heat).

The fact that it works the first time suggests all three must be OK at the time. Why it fails to restart after shutdown is anybody's guess. Could be something is affected by the heat generated in the previous cycle.

On restart you say it flames? How do you know and is it really only a couple of seconds or maybe longer? If it flames then the solenoid must have opened and reigniter must have worked.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

PeterInSa
Been here for a while

Post by PeterInSa » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:15 am

Re (If it flames then the solenoid must have opened and reigniter must have worked.)
But, Is the solenoid staying active long enough for the Thermocouple circuit to hold it in. Is the Auto start electronics affected by heat, ie a capacitor drying out that reduces the delay time for the solenoid to stay open...........

Return to “General Chat”