Photobucket revisited

The Place to chat and share general ideas
rredbeak
Major contributor

Photobucket revisited

Post by rredbeak » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 am

Well, I open my emails every morning ,I love reading the latest news junkmail,, Maybe someday ill get a real email,who knows..

A few us here used to store our pix up online,i use photobucket until they cancelled even the ones ive already posted here in this forum...

I'll be honest,ihave a sight issue whereas I cant read long paragraphs [but that doesn't excuse me when the rules are rules], years ago I was told or I heard online Photobucket FREE storage forever. So I grabbed it,i was happys my comp kept filling up with images...

Photobucket today emailed me again telling me that only 250 images can be stored FREE,i think they store in 10 to a page n I HAD 32 pages so I had 70 too many..

What annoys me is the images I put up HERE [long before I over did the rules] were ALL withdrawn n replaced with a photobucket logo of sorts..

Its MY account on PB so I don't think im breaking any rules by posting it here. IF so please remove Admin.

"You Definitely Need More Storage!
On average, people take 10 photos per day using their phones! That's 3,650 images in a year plus the hundreds or even thousands of photos they already have stored on their phones, laptops, desktops and various social media platforms!
The Photobucket free account allows for storage of approximately 250 images (2.5GB) which means that you will likely run out of space soon! Please consider upgrading now to our 25GB plan that will give you room for 2,500 images, enough for a couple of years of space!
Upgrade Today

Limited Time Offer
25GB FOR $1.99 PER MONTH"

Now ive Removed dozens of pages of images,theres a few left that i ndont really care if i lose them..but well under 250.

providing i stay under 250 im ok ?????

any comments good or bad welcomed.. I personally dont like they put their logo over pics long before i reached 250.i THINK the first 250 shold remain ok here and future overlimit ones put logos only on them.. Rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Neophema
Been here for a while

Re: Photobucket revisited

Post by Neophema » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:12 pm

We both take thousands of images every year which we store in an external mass storage device.

We divide them into who took them, what year & what trip they were taken on.

This saves having our computer overloaded with image files.

Simply plug the MSU in & access your shots. ;-) ;-)
Our land abounds in Nature's gifts, of beauty rich & rare.

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Neophema wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:12 pm
Simply plug the MSU in & access your shots. ;-) ;-)
I think Rod's point was about linking pics to fora.

Can't do that unless they exist on a website or maybe a cloud
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Yep, I reckon some one ought to visit that photo bucket mob and have a good talk to them. Tech school style.....
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

rredbeak
Major contributor

Post by rredbeak » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Well I understand that we all take more than 250 in time.Personally ive started using storage sticks. Rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”