Substituting prescription medicine ( Tablets)

A place to share your health interests, issues and give advice
Lance
Rising star

Re: Substituting prescription medicine ( Tablets)

Post by Lance » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:03 pm

We’re happy enough to have the generics, but if you have the brands changed regularly it could be a good idea to use a marker pen to write what they’re for on the packs as soon as you et them.

I do find it confusing when the foils are removed from the box and they all look the same with lousy printed labelling.
Mark’em with a Texta :)
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:42 am

Chemist do not always speak the truth either.
I was prescribed some silver containing cream for a oxy acet burn once. The Doc said use this only, as it has an additive pain relieving agent in it, that’s why it is only available on prescription.

The chemist lady says, “this one is the same and is cheaper.” I say, “is that a prescription medicine thingo,” (I’m up with all this stuff). She says, looking at me with authority, “no you can get it over the counter and it is just the same”
So I say “has it got the benzine Nitrate butanol atmspheric pain killing anesthetic ingredient in it?” (this bit is writers expansion)…..She reads the label and says “How did you know that?”

“Because the doctor told me that is the reason he prescribed tat stuff, it helps to stop the wound from hurting.”

Chemist do not always speak the truth either. Even if they mean well. But neither do doctors.

We have a saying… A candle maker burns his mistakes…. A baker eats his mistakes… A doctor buries his mistakes…. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Post by Gerry M » Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

From Today’s Courier Mail
Generic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 pm

I have no issues with generics, I married one who said she was just like me Mom…………. ;-)

And she is 8-)
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

Return to “Health”