Cessation of Magazine Subscriptions

Info and Announcements for the C&M Team
Browny_r33
Been here for a while

Re: Cessation of Magazine Subscriptions

Post by Browny_r33 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Sally
Marg and Rob are on facebook caravan and motor home site she had a post last week saying they are giving vanning away and only going to outback QLD in the winter months to go mining for saphires .
Cheers
Norm & Jan

Browny_r33
Been here for a while

Post by Browny_r33 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Sally

Hi this is the post

Caravan and Motorhome On Tour

January 19 at 7:44 AM ·

Goooood Morning Aussie Nomads!
It’s time for Rob and I to say “goodbye and happy travels”. We won’t be doing much travelling ourselves now, apart from taking the van up to our new mining claim every winter (maybe we’ll see you in Sapphire/Rubyvale!) We’ve loved sharing your travels and wonderful destinations over the past few years. We’ll probably be posting details of our mining adventures (or misadventures!) and my future books set in Australia, on our Facebook page, for anyone who is interested… you can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/margandrobcaravanning
So for the last time… where are you today?
Cheers! Marg & Rob
Cheers
Norm & Jan

Sterling Sal
Avid poster

Post by Sterling Sal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Thanks Norm and Jan.

I am already on so many Forums snd Facebook groups re caravanning. Hadn’t looked on there.

I used to chat to Marg a few year’s ago when writing for C&M. I wonder why they are giving vanning away? They both loved it and modified their van quite a bit.

Anyway, all the best to everyone involved with C&M.

We are still loving caravanning and travelling 16 years on and hopefully will continue for 16 more!

Cheers
Sally
STERLING SAL 69

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER WITH CONTROL RIDER SUSP & ESC

2012 TOYO SAHARA 200 SERIES & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED

2005 CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Brian48
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Brian48 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Been reading C&M for a few years now, disappointed in change but still following. Find it disappointing to purchase packs of 3 issues and find a lot of doubling up, seems the magazines are packed in such a way you cannot see the numbers. Please do something to help me and others from purchasing duplicate, 8and at least once, triplicate magazines.
Avan Aspire 499 hardtop
Mazda CX-5 diesel

Territory Rig
I’m new, be nice!

Re: Digital Subscription of CANDM on tour

Post by Territory Rig » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:57 am

Hello, I’m new too. I found this forum while searching for information on the printed magazine. I have been buying it from supermarkets for years and have noticed the steady decline in content and size. Although I have learned much regarding water filters and Solar power. It came from out of the blue to me that the MAG was finishing up. There was no reason given or information on digital version (I didn’t know there was one). Total lack of info. I even scouted around Web site and found nothing about it ending.
I prefer a printed magazine to squinting on a device.
I’m sorry to see it go.

Tripping Away
An old hand

Re: AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION FOR A FORUM ?

Post by Tripping Away » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 pm

I bought the last issue of Caravan & Motorhome yesterday as I thought it may have been a good issue to get.

So many advertisments, stories that were re hashed, but there are only so many places to go in Australia. How many ads can you fit on rear visions mirrors in one issue???

The end of this magazine is sad but with everyone looking for value for money these days, I am not surprised.

I also bought another caravanning Magazine and was very surprised by the candid reviews on the caravans they reviewed. Sometime in the future, maybe Caravan & Motorhome will be resurected to something that was 10 plus years ago.

All the best for the Future EMG Group.

Roamers
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Roamers » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi All,
I am sorry to see the cessation of the magazine and the DVDs
I have been a follower of the magazine and the DVDs for many years now and there was a time when I was not following the site due to the change of presenters and the points of view a couple who were running the magazine over that period of time a few years ago.
Over the past few years the magazine and DVDs have returned back to provide some great information and the DVDs had also improved.
I still cannot understand why the EMG management have decided to finish up the magazine and DVDs
The only other magazine covering the same criteria has been going for 50 years.

Trust the EMG management will see the errors of their ways and get this magazine back into production
Regards
Roamers

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:52 pm

I am also a little sad at the mag and DVD demise.
For a greenhorn coming in a few years ago it was interesting.
However I did grow very tired of the repetitive stories, old pics and subjects….and I’ve only been a regular reader for just over 3 years.
I can understand the “ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” train of thought, but eventually that leads to stagnation and disinterest.
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

Collyn
Been here for a while

Post by Collyn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:51 am

My second background is magazine publishing so am posting from personal and long term experience.

Way back in the 1970s -80s Editors deserved that upper-case T. He/she ruled. But progressively over the years the accountants took over and the now editor’s role became to fill the holes between the advts.

Until the 2000s however, most product reviews were reasonably ‘editorial’. The advertiser would pick up air fares etc but rarely attempted to ‘edit’ that published.

This changed (for ever) about 2014. A ‘review’ became part of an advt package. I was literally offered a ‘review’ of one on my books pus a full page colour advt (for $1500 – and in writing). If anyone doubts that I can post it on here or send it to a Mod.

Most readers are now aware that ‘reviews’ are advts in disguise and stopped reading the print magazines. I have a feeling that some digital ones are reasonably kosher
but am not 100% sure.

Collyn
The problem is not what people do not know, it is what they think they know that simply isn’t true.

Return to “From the C&M Team”