View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 520  Next
 Where are you NOW and where are you GOING? 

Post Where are you NOW and where are you GOING?
I am inspired by Frank and other whingers of even greater integrity ;-)

I noticed in that other place (that Frank recently gave the flick) there is a long-running topic along the lines of this one I just created.

Maybe it will inspire a few more posts?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Post Re: Where are you NOW and where are you GOING?
I have just arrived at Barkly Homestead. Never been here before.

May stay a couple of days then off to Tennant Creek, then the Alice, trending south eventually to Melbourne in time for Spring :mrgreen:

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi OT, Unfortunatly I am home and still working. We have been across the Barkly and the Stuart Hwy many times. Some people tell me it is boring but I disagree. Love it out that way. Once broke a spring on the van near three ways. As it was a dual axle we were still able to continue down to Tennent Creek for repairs. I have not travelled south of Tennent Creek. We had planed a trip to the area but had to put them on hold for a couple of years.
Happy and safe travels
Sid

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Home in Blackwater after a weekend trip to Rocky and Gladstone. Off for a drive next weekend to Brisbane and back, for an awards presentation for my wife, hopefully she will be out of Rocky hospital in time- she was transported down there by ambulance today, and then the weekend after drive back down to Brisbane, to fly to Sydney, then off to Perth on the Indian Pacific, for 11 days in WA, then back again on the IP, then to fly back to Brisbane, then drive home to Blackwater 3 weeks later.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm

thefes a lot of vans on the road at any one time.surely some are forumites and might be encouraged to contribute for the benefit of others.
as for heidi & i we are splitting travel with doctors appts.also just finished a upgrade giving us greater versatility in freecamping.yes we’re in a cp but only whilewe’re completing the mpdifications.
after that we’re doing a 1000 km circle of seq so as to allow doctor appts.
after that its the open road again.thats where i truly feel at home im some freebie somewhere

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

currently at Pardoo Station b/w Port Hedland and Broome – here till at least the end of Sept.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 pm

At Mackay Queensland heading to Yeppoon tomorrow am not retired yet shut the business down for a month went to port douglass and are heading back to Geelong and back to work 2nd of September great weather and enjoying the trip.

Nina and George

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:32 pm

We are almost to Melbourne will be there today to go to retreat caravan factory then do the great ocean road and look for somewhere warm for the next to weeks before going back to work. I can see why they all head north in winter

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:08 am

Hi OT,
I read your reply to me on the other thread; thanks.
Where are we now? Home after doing a 4 month trek, starting 6 April and finishing 27 July, around the block clockwise (yes I know, the long way) from Brisbane.
We came through Barkly, didn’t stop, on 7 July.
if you are going down the middle, let me remind you that the fuel at Three Ways is more expensive than Tennant Creek. As you enter the Creek, get your fuel at the first service station on the left as it gives 3 cents off to seniors.
The next thing to remember is that if you need a vehicle service in Alice Springs, try to avoid Peter Kittles. If you do use them check everything before venturing south.
If you are free camping at all, the camp at the NT/SA border is a good one.
I hope you don’t think I’ve been telling you how to suck eggs.
glanyard

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 am

Hi to everyone, yes we do get a little jealous when we read what other folk are up to. I am semi retired living in the Garden City of Toowoomba & should be on the road enjoying what Australia has to offer BUT currently enduring recovery of shoulder surgery. To Goebell good to see you splitting work & play something a lot of us get wrong, we tend to lose sight of the fact that every day is reality not a practice run. Each day the sun comes up & the sun goes down & the clock keeps turning around leaving us one day less to do what counts. Regardless of what cards we are dealt in life lets enjoy every minute as tomorrow may never come. Safe travels & enjoy each happy hour. Regards Ray.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 520  Next