View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 another new van 

Post another new van
I am about to buy a new van 19.6 Billabong,with simplicity suspension, There is allso another van a Golden eagle, witch I am looking at they seem to be about the same quallity but the price is more for the eagle. Does anyone have either of these vans or any info good or bad .

Thanks henshi

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:30 am

Post Re: another new van
We have a 2006 build Golden Eagle bought new; initially it came with 13 faults and then a further 3 showed up later, including dry rot.
Although we love the layout and amount of cupboard space, we would not be looking at another van with that brand on it.
I believe it is the poor cousin of Paramount.
glanyard

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks glanyard. It is the cheaper version of Paramount but they inssist that it is every bit as good, so why is it cheaper? Looks like a Billabong for me.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:59 am

hensh1 wrote:
Thanks glanyard. It is the cheaper version of Paramount but they inssist that it is every bit as good, so why is it cheaper?

Possibly batch built with no or minor changes only allowed.

Have a 6.5 yr old Paramount which we are very happy with.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for your reply Paramountcruiser,I allso have a Paramount and I cant complain, so I went back to trade it in the Paramounts are more than I can afford so I looked at the cheaper Eagle the sales man said they are the same, I can add on anthing that I like just as I could to a Paramount, so why is it cheaper?

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:51 pm

I think ours had been built for awhile as there were a lot of rusty screws on fittings outside.
We ordered and got a rear entry van (not rear left-rear) with twin beds, Hilux hubs and raised to match the height of the Hilux at the ball.
I don't think it was batch built.
I quizzed 2 Paramount owners, on the road that same year, and they were not happy caravanners so it could have been the "workers" they had at the time.
glanyard

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]