View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Darwin Caravan Parks 

Post Re: Darwin Caravan Parks
Unfortunately, I cant recommend the Shady Glen, unless you like nice early alarm clocks. We stayed there for a week in May, and every morning around 6am, the planes started. Additionally, most nights some person- and I use that word loosely- pretty sure it was military, decided to fly low circuits in a chopper, around and around and around, up to around the 1130pm mark. One night, I even went looking for a military phone number to complain, but no luck. Its a nice park, but for the above. We were told the Lee Point one was really nice.

Cheers
Bundy

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm

We stayed at the Robbie Robbins Equestrian Center which is $25 per night for a powered site and they accept dogs and kids. It is situated on the Stuart HWY and is only 15 minutes from the center of Darwin.

Cheers,

PeterM.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:
Unfortunately, I cant recommend the Shady Glen, unless you like nice early alarm clocks. We stayed there for a week in May, and every morning around 6am, the planes started. Additionally, most nights some person- and I use that word loosely- pretty sure it was military, decided to fly low circuits in a chopper, around and around and around, up to around the 1130pm mark. One night, I even went looking for a military phone number to complain, but no luck. Its a nice park, but for the above. We were told the Lee Point one was really nice.

Cheers
Bundy

You have got to remember that Darwin Airport is a RAAF Base, hence late night flying , including exercises with the F18s from Tindal at Katherine, and sometimes U.S. aircraft from Guam. May and June are usually the favourite months for joint exercises that can go into the night.

cheers,

Nissan Navara ST-X 2007 model
Our Website: Alby's & Geraldine's Caravan Capers

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 pm

I have been told it is almost worth staying at Adelaide river and doing day trips to Darwin.No one mentioned what all those good parks cost.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 am
Profile YIM

Tyne'e wrote:
I have been told it is almost worth staying at Adelaide river and doing day trips to Darwin.
Or Batchelor, 15 kms closer and handy to Litchfield.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:39 am

Bundyrumandcoke,
Darwin is a Defence town!! They don't do things to annoy residents and visitors.
They are training to protect us citizens so that we can have a forum of free speech like this one.
As the saying goes, "suck it up princess"!
Glanyard

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Webby stayed there 2 weeks ago, two bad points, the gums are in bloom and covered both car and Van.
Toilets and showers are in most cases ensuites and you can hop around waiting sometimes other than that is a good park

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Adelaide River is a great park except for the night we were there almost 12 months ago and the local indigenous population decided to "riot"/party???....one of the most frightening nights I have ever had! However having said that, dont, whatever you do, miss the Adelaide River war cemetery....an absolute must.
Gemini&Leo

[color=#0080FF]Gemini&Leo
21' 2008 Jayco Sterling
2010 Mitsubishi Pajero
www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/butch.christine/1/tpod

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2