Speed limits reduced around roadhouses in NT

For all RV travel & touring information on Northern Territory
dieseltojo

Speed limits reduced around roadhouses in NT

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi friends,
I know many get out this way and just noticed this bit of news. I am pretty happy with it even though I am a bit of a lead foot. These places are hand and it will make it safer to enter and exit.
That is one big place. :D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-02/r ... icesprings
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

dieseltojo

Re: Speed limits reduced around roadhouses in NT

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:44 pm

In this one the truck went onto a road island, the cattle got a fright and went to one side and they say agus tof wind? ...... one stage on its side and cattle every where.
It just shows how seemingly small incident can have large consequences.

I heard OT has some moo cows now and that he has been up north recently.... :D

Hey this is off topic......

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-05/c ... icesprings
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:19 pm

DT, it is true that we left Alice only a few days before this event. We wondered what it may have done to our 500 km trip to Kings Canyon on that day. At the time they said the highway we used was completely closed for much of the day.

By the way DT.... we don't usually take our moo cows with us when travelling. It is hard to get them through the tough quarantine inspections into SA and WA.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Tony48

Post by Tony48 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Old Techo wrote:DT, it is true that we left Alice only a few days before this event. We wondered what it may have done to our 500 km trip to Kings Canyon on that day. At the time they said the highway we used was completely closed for much of the day.

By the way DT.... we don't usually take our moo cows with us when travelling. It is hard to get them through the tough quarantine inspections into SA and WA.
Hey OT, how good would it be if you did take at least one of your moo cows with you, particularly free camping. Milk on tap (so to speak). A ready supply of meat. You could even set up a small supply business to other campers. Endless possibilities.LOL.
Oh dear, I think I just had one of those moments. Just ignore, it will pass. :lol:
Comments made by me (Tony) are not necessarily those of the Management (Lorraine).
Tony & Lorraine
2009 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 turbo diesel. Chip & exhaust.
2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:52 pm

I tend to agree to the lowering of the speed limits around road houses, but only because of traffic entering
or exiting the said roadhouses. But to lower it becauise of pedestrians? come on now! Any one who gets hit at Dunmarra, Wycliffe Well etc on the main road is wanting to commit suicide!
glanyard

Return to “Touring NT”