Mt Ebenezer

For all RV travel & touring information on Northern Territory
glanyard

Re: Mt Ebenezer

Post by glanyard » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Old Techo wrote:
Frank & Brenda wrote:It was going strong and looked good in 07 as was Standley chasm, which is also run by the local Aborigines, there I saw people push a fence over to try to get free access (it was $7 pp ) Frank
G’day Frank,

We were there a week ago. $10 adults $8 seniors. It looked in reasonable nick and was quite busy – in fact hard to find a parking spot. We thought $10 was a tad steep for a brief walk. We paid the $8 concession but reckoned $5 would have been happily accepted by all with no excuse for confrontation.
Once again, it is the white man and the educated black man who is causing the problems on pricing.
The real black fella would be happy to give free access but these other smart townies say no; make em pay!
Remember, the white man owns the land, the black manages it; and better than the white man can.
glanyard

rredbeak

Post by rredbeak » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 pm

lets hope curtain springs and erldunda dont go under.thryre now important fuel stops by the sounds oc that.
rod.
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Rod, Erldunda is a very, very busy goldmine. No chance of it closing. Curtain Springs seemed to be pretty active too.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

rredbeak

Post by rredbeak » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:13 pm

thats good.very vast distances out there.
erldunda seemed well setup n strong.but then so did mt ebenezer lol.
ive seen the ebenezer guys running erldunda while the owners go to the conventions etc.
cheers rod
Living the Dream,See You Out Here Folks..OFF TOPIC IS OK IN ANY OF MY POSTS.MY FaceBook, Robby N Jones
Image Image Image Image

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:30 am

dieseltojo wrote:Sounds like a place to stay away from OT, I just read the same info as posted and the bloke that tried to reopen the place was run off at spear point…..

Curtain Springs is a great place and offers free camping or the whole box and dice.
some leave the van there and travel to the Rock and then to Kings canyon.
I did the drive to the canyon with the van and stayed at the resort there, but it is $ 40-00 per night no power.
Quoting my post just to save re writing. And just a note on The Kings Canyon Resort.

I had an incident here as it was NT Day and the free camp spot is stuck out the back adjacent National Park.There is a board walk out from the van park to watch the sunset.
It was a fire ban so no fireworks or fires at the time.
But at about 10-30 pm some fire works were let of and whilst lying in bed watching telly we were showered with Ash and granular debris that sounded like hail.
I went out and this goose was lighting fire works from the banned area of the Nat Park and the vans were copping the out fall.
I approached the bloke who had on a bushman’s coat and asked what the hell was he doing and that I have expensive solar panels that I don’t want damage with hot ash.
He said he was finished and it was just harmless ash….
So I went to the office and complained, filled in a letter with the facts and said that in daylight, If any damage happened they would be looking at an insurance claim.
I insisted that they send out a person with a ladder and torch to have a look , which they did.
It turns out the individual was a fellow camper, that we now could not identify and so they refunded my $40-00 nights fee.
I have a couple of marks on the roof, but I reckon it not worth pursuing. The resort did all they could and after all it was not their personnel.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Touring NT”