View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 creeks and rivers to camp and catch yabbies 

Post creeks and rivers to camp and catch yabbies
hi

does anyone know of any nice creeks and rivers in sa to camp and catch yabbies that you can have camp fires and take dogs

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Post Re: creeks and rivers to camp and catch yabbies
If we knew what state and rough location of where you are or where you will be travelling you may get soime meaningful responses.

Somerset Dam near Kilcoy SEQld is a good place for yabbies(redclaw/blueclaw) but of no use if you are in SA

Safe travels

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:32 pm

This is another case of people not wanting to reveal there basic location and then asking for help.
However, I do suspect they might be from "sa". But then again they might be from a different state to SA and on there way there.
glanyard

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 pm

You buggas are a tad tough on Shonky :roll:

He asked a simple question and specifically said in SA. That’s narrowed the target area. For this specific question it doesn’t matter where Shonky lives or how he gets anywhere… he only wants SA info ;-)

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi shonky12,
This maybe just over the border in Vic, I know the river takes a few bends through the area.

I only stayed here one night and can’t vouch for the yabbying. :)
In Queensland we cought a few and it was no problem. We use those folding nets and check them often, usually per couple of stubbies.
I believe there are regs on the Murray region though as they don’t want blokes forgetting the nets and catching Platipie.
But this is a lovely spot.
No facilities and that is my style of camping, just river and trees.
It is easily found in the camps book.

http://www.campingsouthaustralia.com/hogwash-bend.php

Sorry but if you can’t give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Old Techo wrote:
You buggas are a tad tough on Shonky :roll:

He asked a simple question and specifically said in SA. That’s narrowed the target area. For this specific question it doesn’t matter where Shonky lives or how he gets anywhere… he only wants SA info ;-)

If he doesn’t live there (sa) then we may be able to give him a closer spot to go to. Is it legal to take yabbies in sa?
As I said, it all boils down to people on this forum who seem to think their privacy is going to be invaded if they give a town/suburb on their profile.
glanyard

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop
G’day Shonky, there are a lot of places, one of them I know of is over the river from Mannum, one camp on the right of the ferry, dogs alloed (at lest they were a couple of years back) $10 a night toilets only and the creeks at the back are loaded with yabbies, another camp, free, to the left of the ferry, no toilets.
BUT about the campfires, you’re out of luck, most places are in fire danger season and will have restrictions in place, check with the local councils or cop shops
Frank
PS you can take yabbies (NOT females with eggs) in any months which has an R in it, so NOT in May, June, July or August

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:03 pm

shonky12 wrote:
hi

does anyone know of any nice creeks and rivers in sa to camp and catch yabbies that you can have camp fires and take dogs

This seems like a simple request, shonky12 whats info about South Australia (sa). I have just had the same problem on the Pajero forum with a question I posted, it seems like some forum members enjoy finding fault with a question instead of trying to assist ?

Loz

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Apologies Shonky 12. My old eyes missed the sa in your post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Good morning Shonky 12
You cannot go past any info from the young Frank. Just because he come from the wrong side of town doesn’t mean that he is not knowledgeable person
At this of the year for those wishing to free camp be very aware of what fire restrictions are in place in the area that you wish to camp
For owners of camper trailers I understand (am happy to be corrected) that it is illegal here in SA to use a gas stove or even having the fridge on gas on a total fire ban day due to the terminology of an "enclosed building"
Merry Christmas happy new year along with safe and happy travels
regards
GeoffC

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next