View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tasmania holiday 

Post Tasmania holiday
We were only going to Armidale and ended up in Tassie. Spur of the moment decision. What an eventful trip.They say it happens in threes....
No. 1 - ended up in emergency at the hospital near Devonport at 11 pm.
slipped on a ramp and split my hand. No stitches fortunately.
No. 2 - we decided to leave the van in Devonport take a cabin at Strahan. (Not recommended. Should have taken the van) Didn't put the awning down before we left. We did check the forecast before going however winds of 98 km hr were not predicted and hence our awning was ripped to pieces. Glad we were insured.
While in strahan we took the Wilderness train from Queenstown to Strahan and half way down a tree fell on the train. We then had to walk to the next station, and wait until they moved the tree of the train. Quite a few leeches crawling up our legs as well.
No. 3 - the morning of our departure, Henry split his head open on the edge of the caravan cupboard. Booked to go home that evening and was no way going to spend another day at the Hospital, and rebooking not an option. Patched it up.
All in all Tassie is a beautiful place, magic beaches, beautiful scenery, my favorite Cradle Mountain, magical. East coast beautiful. Recommend it.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Post Re: Tasmania holiday
Hi Laurie nomads,
What a bad run, things have to improve.
Just throw a black cat over your right shoulder and keep going. Doing the cat thing while walking under a ladder might help.

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 am

Post Re: Tasmania holiday
My sister in law and her husband park their van at my place because we are on acreage and they have no room on their suburban block.
They planned to go down to Burrell Lake a few weeks ago but the weather prevented it and they changed the date to this weekend. They were to be here at 8am to pick up the van but awoke to heavy rain, they decided to go anyway and arrived at 9am.
Shortly thereafter all hooked up and ready to go but their Navara could not shift it even in 4x4 it was all wheelspin, the caravan had sunk into the water sodden soil to its axle. It looked like it was all over till I got out our car and hooked it up and successfully pulled the whole lot out and on their way.
I hope the weather clears for them, they have had the van for a few months now and have not been able to take it out as often as they would like.
Some things dont always go to plan.

Hank

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]